F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been posted, I tried searching for it.
I do this about once a week or every other week and it's pretty amazing how much better throttle response I get after doing this. It is for sure noticeable for me and after doing it this morning I noticed my gears held longer when shifting, (for the better) , I actually had to double check to see if I was in t/h mode.
Copied and pasted this from f150 forum ;

Throttle Calibration

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.

1) turn the key in the ON position (don't start the engine)
2) press the gas pedal down slowly all the way down
3) let go of the gas pedal fast so it come back up
4) turn key into the OFF position
repeat steps 1-4 two more times then start engine.

Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Works good, to me anyways. Usually after my girlfriend has been driving it for a while I do it, she's pretty mellow/easy with the gas. Me on the other hand like to get into it pretty good at least once a day:) you know, clean out the ol cobwebs, that's what I tell her at least when she gives me crap.

I do this about once a week or every other week and it's pretty amazing how much better throttle response I get after doing this. It is for sure noticeable for me and after doing it this morning I noticed my gears held longer when shifting, (for the better) , I actually had to double check to see if I was in t/h mode.

Throttle Calibration

Throttle calibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression. Throttle calibration can take care of these.

Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming. You likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.
Would u still need to do this if u have a custom tune? I just recieved mine today and haven't loaded it as of yet, so I don't know if it will improve over stock anyway, I'm assuming so. Good trick to know though, even if just in stock mode.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Would u still need to do this if u have a custom tune? I just recieved mine today and haven't loaded it as of yet, so I don't know if it will improve over stock anyway, I'm assuming so. Good trick to know though, even if just in stock mode.
I don't know about custom tune as I don't have one... Yet.

Reactions: GeneralSantaAna

Throttle Calibration

Very cool , thanks for the post , this definitely seems to help everyone once and a while as the truck feels kinda sluggish from time to time after using the cruise for a week or so on the way to work.

I just did this and went for a quick drive.. Holy crap this makes a HUGE difference! Thanks for posting this tip!

Side note; if you have never performed this (like me), walk outside and do it! Takes less than a minute.

-58's, Wagner, Solo, aFe, Livewire, LET Tuned, 2" Pro Comp, JL Audio!

Reactions: Sirikenewtron
I did it yesterday. Zero differnce in throttle tip in, but noticeable diiference in downshift time from 5th and 6th gear to 2nd at 45-50 mph

-everything tastes better with bacon-

Reactions: 2Canches
Thank you for this write up on the "dead spot" as I have this. I haven't dug into this issue myself and I just took it to the dealer to have it addressed when I had some other issues. Anyway it doesn't do every time so they gave me the "well we have to see it doing it" which I understand but anyway,they said sir.....all ecoboost do this sir until the turbos get going! I said you have to be kidding me right...? Yes mater tech I am FULLY aware what "boost lag" is and that is NOT what I am talking about haha....Its like a dead area! And he just shrugged his shoulders like he had no idea what I was talking about. I even mentioned that it maybe could use a calibration and he still just looked at me like I was an alien speaking a language he's never heard before. Anyway, I just told myself I would live with it. Now I don't have to and I'll do it myself. Thanks

What's the procedure for push button start?
IF the procedure would be the same, you would need to hold the push start for 2-3 seconds to enter on but not start (or so my X4 tells me)

Let us know if it works for you.

I haven't tried it but I do know if you push the button with no brake pedal push it will power the accessories.

Like folding in mirrors, windows etc.

--------------

It's pretty easy for me to say that the most important thing in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ, followed by my relationship with family. Everything else comes later.

So this mod really works being tuned... So my truck has a custom tune from 5* upload now. I can just go do the procedure and it so work or should I return back to stock first. Do the procedure and then reupload the tune....

Discussion starter · #18 · (Edited)
So this mod really works being tuned... So my truck has a custom tune from 5* upload now. I can just go do the procedure and it so work or should I return back to stock first. Do the procedure and then reupload the tune....
dose for me, do it with the tune on, do not go back to stock to do it.

Ok thank you.. Will try it as soon as I get home... Hopefully it work also for me lol

Discussion starter · #20 ·
Just make sure to slowly push down the peddle each time, I do it pretty damn slow, then let off it fast, turn key off and repeat.
I wait for the four dings to stop after turning key to on position before slowly pushing peddle down each time.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.