How to datalog with livelink - Page 7

How to datalog with livelink

This is a discussion on How to datalog with livelink within the F150 Ecoboost Guides and How-Tos forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; Originally Posted by Boostking Yes you can do that, however occasionally it may not work. When I remote tune, I obviously cannot be in the ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How to datalog with livelink

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    Yes you can do that, however occasionally it may not work. When I remote tune, I obviously cannot be in the customers vehicle, so I set up a config in livelink and then put that on the device.

Here is how. Written quickly, no screen shots.

On the first page of Livelink there are several buttons. Second one from the bottom says "I want to create a datalog configuration file". Click that.

Next click - Vehicle is NOT available - I want to create a configuration file disconnected.

On the next page, FORD is already selected and so is the CAN ISO-14229 protocol. Leave that. To the right of that, type the first 5 characters of your strategy. Example KGCTA

In the 3 bubbles - make sure the bottom one is selected "Do not validate (load complete list).

Then at the bottom right side click on Select Items.

This will show you a list of PIDS that you can select. Go through them and choose what you want. Then when you want to put it on the device, connect your device to your computer and click Export DLF/DLX at the top menu bar and it will put it on the device. You may have to check communications with the device. This will put the list of pids into a file on your device that you can use to datalog right on your device.

Hope this helps.
    Perfect. Do you have to put it back to stock to do this? Or can you do it with it tuned still?
    12' F-150 SCREW, FX4, 3.5TT, CRP Manifolds/SPD Turbo Adapters/MBRP Offroad DP/AFE Intake/170 tstat/CP-E intercooler, 3.73 gear, 33" Duratrac

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3623 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    Yes you can do that, however occasionally it may not work. When I remote tune, I obviously cannot be in the customers vehicle, so I set up a config in livelink and then put that on the device.

Here is how. Written quickly, no screen shots.

On the first page of Livelink there are several buttons. Second one from the bottom says "I want to create a datalog configuration file". Click that.

Next click - Vehicle is NOT available - I want to create a configuration file disconnected.

On the next page, FORD is already selected and so is the CAN ISO-14229 protocol. Leave that. To the right of that, type the first 5 characters of your strategy. Example KGCTA

In the 3 bubbles - make sure the bottom one is selected "Do not validate (load complete list).

Then at the bottom right side click on Select Items.

This will show you a list of PIDS that you can select. Go through them and choose what you want. Then when you want to put it on the device, connect your device to your computer and click Export DLF/DLX at the top menu bar and it will put it on the device. You may have to check communications with the device. This will put the list of pids into a file on your device that you can use to datalog right on your device.

Hope this helps.
    YOU MEAN ALL THIS TIME I DIDNT HAVE TO SWELTER INSIDE THE TRUCK WHILE I BUILD A CONFIG???

Lol

Baaaaaaaaaaa
    Boostking likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns363R View Post
    Perfect. Do you have to put it back to stock to do this? Or can you do it with it tuned still?
    Can do it while tuned. Np

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links