XDI-HPFP-Installation F150

This is a discussion on XDI-HPFP-Installation F150 within the F150 Ecoboost Guides and How-Tos forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; XDI-HPFP-Installation F150...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: XDI-HPFP-Installation F150

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1039 times

Gene 3.5TT, D0ncH and bespurcell like this.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Member #
    Liked
    1223 times
    The problem is with the 35% according to this facebook page, you can only run e85 on stock tune or lower boost. It will not support more boost.

I have not seen any testing on if it helps the fuel rail pressure dip i was asking rbrown about....and hes the only guy on here i know of using these right now. If it fixed this, it would be safe to run a little more boost.

If we can make 400-450 on gt turbo on stock hpfp and be safe fueling, i dont see a point to this pump any longer.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    I did run full E85 on the 35% HPFP. If you work the wastegate table to bring boost out later in the RPM, you can run around 17-18 psi and more timing using E85. I was able to make around 400whp at 17 psi with 14* and I know it would have taken more timing but I ran out of time testing. However, you are correct, down low the 35 suffers the same fate as the stock pump with issues pumping enough fuel to support higher boost, and we know most tunes make quite a bit of boost right on the initial hit.
    2013 Tuxedo Black SCrew Ecoboost FX4 w Appearance Package 5.5 box, 3.73. Mods: SCT LWTS+ custom tuned, Full-Race/BorgWarner OEM+ "GT Turbos", Tifosi Exhaust Manifolds, RTR HPFP, CP-E FMIC w/ TurboSmart SuperSonic, CP-E 3" Catted Downpipes, AFE Magnum Force Pro Dry-S Intake, Borla Touring Cat-Back, Terra G2s 305/55/20 on Method N/V 20x9, Leveled Bilstein 5100 RHA 1.5", 20" LED light bar, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Morimoto LED Fogs, Extang Revolution Tonneau Cover, Custom LED bed lighting, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Tailgate Remote Power Lock Mod, MaxLiner Floor Mats, Ford OEM Underseat Cargo Box, LED Interior and Reverse Lights (Diode Dynamics), Recon LED 3rd Brake Light, NL Door Detents, .50 cal antenna, Custom Coding (ForScan)

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    @WooBoost its going to take cams to fix what you talking about...

Everyone that was pushing to get people to buy them (ie get others to be the Guinea pigs) stopped talking about them when they realized that even with the 60% pump, you are just fighting a system at its limits in that low rpm area where the ecoboost shines.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    4051 times
    [QUOTE=TX-Ripper;1006050]XDI-HPFP-Installation F150

[/

Not being a D. But dude why post this now when your a coyote owner. I’m very confused. I get the other posts but not this. The link comes in the instructions when customers by the pump from a Dealer.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1039 times
    [QUOTE=rbrown;1007034]
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Ripper View Post

[/

Not being a D. But dude why post this now when your a coyote owner. I’m very confused. I get the other posts but not this. The link comes in the instructions when customers by the pump from a Dealer.
    Isn't this the place to post videos like this?
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Member #
    Liked
    1223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostking View Post
    I did run full E85 on the 35% HPFP. If you work the wastegate table to bring boost out later in the RPM, you can run around 17-18 psi and more timing using E85. I was able to make around 400whp at 17 psi with 14* and I know it would have taken more timing but I ran out of time testing. However, you are correct, down low the 35 suffers the same fate as the stock pump with issues pumping enough fuel to support higher boost, and we know most tunes make quite a bit of boost right on the initial hit.
    UWE on his page was only testing the 35% pump on stock tune last time I looked on e85. His claim was it will save owners money, however we know e85 gets far worse MPG. It's only benefit is using as race gas type aka more power, not DD.

You're saying the 35% suffers down low like stock pump....on pump gas or e85?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    4051 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    UWE on his page was only testing the 35% pump on stock tune last time I looked on e85. His claim was it will save owners money, however we know e85 gets far worse MPG. It's only benefit is using as race gas type aka more power, not DD.

You're saying the 35% suffers down low like stock pump....on pump gas or e85?
    Dude you need to just buy a pump already. PM me for pricing

Member #
    Liked
    1223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
    Dude you need to just buy a pump already. PM me for pricing
    lol. It's just so many factors this is why I like to see others sort out the BS first. a pump and turbos cost the same. Turbos will provide a lot more pleasure and power, however i would need a shop to do it($$) bc im not in a location currently I can do work like that myself (although I am capable) on the other hand the pump is easier to install than changing spark plugs. To run e85 in even stock boost or mess with tables for a little more boost (menmtioned above) would require a dyno tune, turbos would as well. So if I got a pump, it would only be for 93 and bumping boost some bc i dont have a want for dyno tune unless turbos. On top of all this I commute to work everyday in traffic and a few times a month I drive a couple hundred miles away. Turbos would favor this, bc if i am going to be running 93 on turbos and pump for the benefits of each, why only get a little hp on the pump when turbos give a lot more power. On top of all that, do I even need any of those? Maybe just run 87 always bc DD. This is all the **** that goes through my head.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    lol. It's just so many factors this is why I like to see others sort out the BS first. a pump and turbos cost the same. Turbos will provide a lot more pleasure and power, however i would need a shop to do it($$) bc im not in a location currently I can do work like that myself (although I am capable) on the other hand the pump is easier to install than changing spark plugs. To run e85 in even stock boost or mess with tables for a little more boost (menmtioned above) would require a dyno tune, turbos would as well. So if I got a pump, it would only be for 93 and bumping boost some bc i dont have a want for dyno tune unless turbos. On top of all this I commute to work everyday in traffic and a few times a month I drive a couple hundred miles away. Turbos would favor this, bc if i am going to be running 93 on turbos and pump for the benefits of each, why only get a little hp on the pump when turbos give a lot more power. On top of all that, do I even need any of those? Maybe just run 87 always bc DD. This is all the **** that goes through my head.

Haha. I KNOW what you mean. As I've gotten older, I have learned to turn it off when I suddenly realize I'm bouncing all over the place.
    Or put another way, I just allow myself to make LESS than the best decisions. At least that way I actually make one.
    TX-Ripper and bespurcell like this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links