2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Install with pics and instructions

2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Install with pics and instructions

This is a discussion on 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Install with pics and instructions within the UPR Products forums, part of the Vendors category; Ok, since I found no instructions that were complete on the interwebz, I did some research and came up with this. First, here is a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By enginjoe
  • 1 Post By enginjoe

Thread: 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Install with pics and instructions

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

UPR 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Install with pics and instructions

Ok, since I found no instructions that were complete on the interwebz, I did some research and came up with this.

First, here is a diagram of how the whole thing is hooked up...

The blue line is the biggest one with two ninety degree connectors on it and it goes from the top/middle of the CC to the PCV connector (which gets replaced with the billet piece).

The green line is the second largest one and has a check valve in the middle with a ninety degree connector and a 45 degree connector. The ninety degree side goes to the intake and the 45 degree side goes to the CC passenger side connector.

The red line has two parts. A short section with a sensor, two female connectors and one male connector for the first piece. Then a longer line that goes from the male connector to the driver's side of the CC (it has two ninety degree connectors and is the smallest to connect to the CC.

When you first open the hood you will see this...

Where is all the stuff? Under the engine cover, so you need to remove the oil cap and just pull up, then pull towards you and the cover comes right off...

Voila. I replaced the oil cap while working to make sure nothing got into the oil access hole. Here is a kind of a top down view...

I installed the CC first by putting the screw with the washer on it up through the hole in the radiator shroud and holding it with the larger allen wrench. I tightened it with a 7/16. You have to be a little bit of a contortionist to do this, but it is very reasonable....

Here is a close up of the passenger side with the PCV valve circled in red and the intake port circled in blue...

Take off that line...

Now pull out the PCV valve (twist and pull)...

Here it is next to the billet piece that replaces it...

You need to swap the o-ring over to the billet piece. Be careful no to tear it...

Install billet piece like the PCV valve was when you started. This is where the little tiny allen wrench comes into play. Once the PCV valve is in, you tighten the allen screws to give it a positive stop...

Now install the big line from the top of the CC to the PCV port and the smaller line to the intake with the arrow for the check valve pointing to the intake (very important, pic for emphasis)...

How you route the lines is up to you I guess. I just made sure they kind of laid in place nicely and had no way of touching the belts or fans.

OK, now the driver's side...

Take off the electrical connector and the two air lines and replace with the UPR lines. Connect to the drivers side of the CC...

Done...

Turn on the car, check for leaks, put the cover back on by removing the oil cap and replacing it after. I installed a drain line (3/8 emissions line I used) ziptied on the bottom of the CC that hangs under the car, so all I have to do is turn the draincock and let the oil out. I just zip tied it off on the frame...

Here's what's left over...

Last edited by enginjoe; 01-03-2016 at 07:54 AM.
    UPRjoe likes this.
    2015 F150 4x4 XLT 3.5 Ecoboost
    2015 Edge Sport 2.7 Ecoboost
    2005 SRT-4 daily driver, bigger turbo, E85...
    2002 Camaro SS, PTE7675, need a roll bar and harness now...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Have you thrown a CEL yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    No CEL. Everything is normal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    What brand of cc did you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    UPR. Thread title changed to reflect that too.
    louis8a likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    where did you purchase this? its a nice kit!

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    The install that you have only has one can, the link you provided have the cscc also, where did you put that can and to what did you hook it up to? Also, I have the kot in the link, it didn't come with that silver fitting, mines came with a quick connect. So much different kits by upr, this is way confusing!
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bn30813 View Post
    The install that you have only has one can, the link you provided have the cscc also, where did you put that can and to what did you hook it up to? Also, I have the kot in the link, it didn't come with that silver fitting, mines came with a quick connect. So much different kits by upr, this is way confusing!
    The kit you have is not the same as the kit in this thread. You have the latest revised design, the same kit I have on my truck. Yes this is mass confusion because the UPR kits have been revised with a couple of different designs out there. Look at my install thread here:

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/51...-ecoboost.html

Also, you don't need to buy the billet PCV valve, you can just gut the original valve. There is a link in my thread that shows how to gut the PCV. And the PCV can guts can be put back in so gutting can be reversed if you ever want to put the truck back to original.
    2016 Shadow Black F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost, 5.5' box, Equipment Group 701A, FX4 Off Road, Dual Panel Roof, 355 elock, Bed Side Steps, Bakflip VP, Ford rear wheel liners, Ford Mud Guards, Dual Liner, K&N drop in, silencer rings removed, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, Ford all weather mats

Member #
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 69cuda340s View Post
    The kit you have is not the same as the kit in this thread. You have the latest revised design, the same kit I have on my truck. Yes this is mass confusion because the UPR kits have been revised with a couple of different designs out there. Look at my install thread here:

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/51...-ecoboost.html

Also, you don't need to buy the billet PCV valve, you can just gut the original valve. There is a link in my thread that shows how to gut the PCV. And the PCV can guts can be put back in so gutting can be reversed if you ever want to put the truck back to original.

Thanks broski, saw u post this on other thread, am on it at the crack of dawn!
    2016 3.5 EB SCREW | INGOT SILVER | XLT 302A | CHR APPEAR PKG | MAX TOW PKG | 3.55 E-LOCK | 4x4 | WEATHER TECH DIGI FIT | LINEX PREMIUM | UWS LOW PRO | HUSKY WELL LINER | FUEL HOSTAGE III 18X9 | BFG KO2 305 65 18 | BILSTEIN 5100 x4 @ 1.75" | POWERSTOP Z36 KIT X4 | AIRLIFT RIDE CONTROL | UPR DVCC/CSCC | AEM DROP IN

Sponsored Links