UPR Catch Can Install 2016 F150 Ecoboost - Page 2

UPR Catch Can Install 2016 F150 Ecoboost

This is a discussion on UPR Catch Can Install 2016 F150 Ecoboost within the UPR Products forums, part of the Vendors category; Very nice installation and write-up. * Also a nice tip for installing the fitting into the pipe and turning it should be done with a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: UPR Catch Can Install 2016 F150 Ecoboost

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    Very nice installation and write-up.

* Also a nice tip for installing the fitting into the pipe and turning it should be done with a small
    pc. of hose that fits the fitting snug to
    eliminate any chance of scratching or scuffing the fitting.

* I like that you used a hanger to get the rag into your pipe to catch the plastic shavings. ( Good Idea )

* I'm glad you shared the link for the passenger intake tube so anyone looking can get it easy. (
    INTAKE TUBE for 2015 Ford F-150|FL3Z-9R530-C )

Have a great weekend.

Joe

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3614 times
    Awesome write up! I have this bookmarked to get back to. I also like that you linked to the replacement tube for returning to stock. I'm going UPR, full kit with CSS, when I buy a can. Unless that rx group buy thing takes off...but that is looking doubtful.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Put around 200 miles or so on the truck and both catch cans are collecting brown liquid. So far no check engine light. The can for the drivers side turbo inlet had around 1/4 inch of liquid in it when I unscrewed it glad that didnt go into the turbo inlet tube. Its been raining most days this week lots of moisture.

I added a fitting on the main catch can to make it easier to put a bottle under there for draining. Without the fitting it is difficult to get a bottle up in there and turn the valve at the same time. This also gives me the option to run a hose to the bottom of the truck if I want at a later time. The thread size of the fitting is 1/4 inch NPT and can be bought a local hardware or auto parts store.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    UPRjoe likes this.
    2016 Shadow Black F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost, 5.5' box, Equipment Group 701A, FX4 Off Road, Dual Panel Roof, 355 elock, Bed Side Steps, Bakflip VP, Ford rear wheel liners, Ford Mud Guards, Dual Liner, K&N drop in, silencer rings removed, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, Ford all weather mats

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I expect my catch can this week for my 2012 F150 EcoBoost, I opted for buying the intake tube that comes with the fitting installed. If I ever decide to sell, I could easily replace it. Looking forward to getting my truck back to running like it should!!!
    UPRjoe likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So the smaller clean side can collects a lot of gassy brown liquid. And the big can by the radiator collects just a couple of drops. I read in the other thread that I need to gut the PCV valve. Please advise if that is what should be done to make this system work correctly without throwing a code or causing idle problems thanks.
    2016 Shadow Black F150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost, 5.5' box, Equipment Group 701A, FX4 Off Road, Dual Panel Roof, 355 elock, Bed Side Steps, Bakflip VP, Ford rear wheel liners, Ford Mud Guards, Dual Liner, K&N drop in, silencer rings removed, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, Ford all weather mats

Member #
    Liked
    221 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 69cuda340s View Post
    So the smaller clean side can collects a lot of gassy brown liquid. And the big can by the radiator collects just a couple of drops. I read in the other thread that I need to gut the PCV valve. Please advise if that is what should be done to make this system work correctly without throwing a code or causing idle problems thanks.
    Just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that the PCV should be a flow through and the internals removed as the factory PCV is redundant when the UPR Catch Can System has an inline check valve that is performing the same function. So when you open the factory PCV valve the system will flow much smoother and reduce the majority of the trash going into the UPR CSCC and then the UPR DVCC can perform start collecting the bulk of the trash and improve the vacuum and flow to the crankcase.

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/51...%20#post297935

You can PM me questions at - [email protected] -

Joe
    Last edited by UPRjoe; 06-01-2016 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Added Link to PCV Delete

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks Joe I'll give it a try.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I gutted the PCV valve a couple of week ago. No check engine light and no change in idle. Just checked the cans this morning. The big can by the radiator had a few ounces of brown nasty fluid. The driver's side can by the intake was empty! Truck is running great! Very happy with this setup right now!
    UPRjoe likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links