F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reliable upgrade to give better vision on my 2017 XLT F150. Coming from a GMC Sierra with the stock headlights that blow these f150 stocks away in terms of seeing at night. Don' need the best, just a nice improvement.

2 new weak headlight threads today.

I think they both are halogen complaints. I guess I'd start by getting brighter bulbs? Sylvanias?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I put some Sylvania ZXE in a Ram in 2015. They didn' last but about 6 months. I' not sure if that's just standard life or I got a flawed set....Hoping to find something longer lasting that's plug n play and won't break the bank.

My wife’s ‘17 Edge is #1 outta comparable cars for worst headlights good thing the paddle shifting makes up for that. & a set of hids in the projectors.

I just did a led swap in my ‘15 XLT.

I like the GMC comment. Kick azz lights. But that’s all [emoji81][emoji81][emoji81]

I think Ford is doing aight if it’s just the lights that suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LED swap for me too.. Got these off of Amazon

Alla Lighting 8000lm Xtremely Super Bright 6500K Xenon White High Power Mini H13 9008 H13LL LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kits Lamps Replacement

for $50 for the pair.

I also got the LED fog lights for $35 for the pair.

Alla Lighting Extremely Super Bright High Power 80W CREE H10 9145 White LED Lights Bulbs for Fog Light Lamps Replacement

This was for my 13 F150 so not sure if the same for a 17..

Should have done this 4 years ago!!

Mitch
Mitch, did you have to install any resistors or relays or are they plug n play?

They look interesting, about the same price as the top of the line Sylvania bulbs which are still halogen.

Plug and Play right out of the box for both sets. I did adjust both sets of lights down just a tad so they were not blinding oncoming traffic, but the difference is amazing! Not sure how I put up with the OEM halogens for so long!

Good luck!

Mitch

Reactions: tinmann
I've tried more than one pair of the Amazon Specials for under $50 in my 2016. They just dont work properly. They are extremely bright at the source but have horrendous beam pattern and no cutoff. All of them got returned.

One thing good came of it......I can remove the headlight assembly in less than 5 minutes.

I was about to do a $1k HID projector install from The Retrofit Source, and then a buddy told me about the LED's he just had installed that came from Headlight Revolution. Very skeptical after prior LED installs and weak performance, I was amazed at how well they worked. Easily on par with TRS HID kits....maybe better IMO.

I bought Low Beam H11's and two sets of 9005; a set for High Beam and a set for the Fogs.

https://headlightrevolution.com/2015-2017-ford-f-150-low-beam-led-headlight-bulbs-supernova-v-3/

$139 per set aint cheap, but the performance in the F150 Halogen housings is amazing. Perfect cutoff, excellent beam pattern and beautiful white color. Performance easily doubled.

I measured the light output from the low beams at 100' with my cell phone photo electric sensor (app called Light Sensor). Halogens were 64 lux and new LED's were 131 lux.

My other buddy with Toyota Tundra and TRS HID projectors is only 145 on low. They are stupid bright and perform flawlessly, but expensive and the install took him all weekend.

The F150 fog lights are the amazing ones. I just ordered some for the wife's Tahoe.

I was on the fence with LED, due to my Amazon experiences....ready to drop the coin on an HID Projector retrofit.

The v3 SuperNova caused a paradigm shift.

$470 shipped for all 3 sets..... true GAMECHANGER!!

Install was also a breeze.

Reactions: butthead
I've tried more than one pair of the Amazon Specials for under $50 in my 2016. They just dont work properly. They are extremely bright at the source but have horrendous beam pattern and no cutoff. All of them got returned.

One thing good came of it......I can remove the headlight assembly in less than 5 minutes.

I was about to do a $1k HID projector install from The Retrofit Source, and then a buddy told me about the LED's he just had installed that came from Headlight Revolution. Very skeptical after prior LED installs and weak performance, I was amazed at how well they worked. Easily on par with TRS HID kits....maybe better IMO.

I bought Low Beam H11's and two sets of 9005; a set for High Beam and a set for the Fogs.

https://headlightrevolution.com/2015-2017-ford-f-150-low-beam-led-headlight-bulbs-supernova-v-3/

$139 per set aint cheap, but the performance in the F150 Halogen housings is amazing. Perfect cutoff, excellent beam pattern and beautiful white color. Performance easily doubled.

I measured the light output from the low beams at 100' with my cell phone photo electric sensor (app called Light Sensor). Halogens were 64 lux and new LED's were 131 lux.

My other buddy with Toyota Tundra and TRS HID projectors is only 145 on low. They are stupid bright and perform flawlessly, but expensive and the install took him all weekend.

The F150 fog lights are the amazing ones. I just ordered some for the wife's Tahoe.

I was on the fence with LED, due to my Amazon experiences....ready to drop the coin on an HID Projector retrofit.

The v3 SuperNova caused a paradigm shift.

$470 shipped for all 3 sets..... true GAMECHANGER!!

Install was also a breeze.
Check TRS, they have LED projectors now that are the same fitment as the MiniD2S HID projector. They say they are brighter and you don't need all the bull**** harnesses and ballasts that go with the HIDs.

I wish they had those 3 years ago when I did the bi-xenons in my Jeep

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

"The v3 SuperNova caused a paradigm shift."

Installed the same in my 2017 XL and yes much better! KM

ive done some online research, but nothing works as advertised. ive put money into my system on before, and this is the first time i tried something new on a truck. the truck runs just fine, i could see over my very large rear headlight.

It may just be me but I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post. That fact that this somewhat incoherent post is in response to a thread that has had no attention in the past two years also seems odd. Try again and tell us what you want to get across. This is an unusual first post.

ive done some online research, but nothing works as advertised. ive put money into my system on before, and this is the first time i tried something new on a truck. the truck runs just fine, i could see over my very large rear headlight.

Yeah, that was a bit messy post ) Will try to be more precise now.

I'd like to upgrade my 2017 F150 with cool aftermarket LED kit.
The problem is I have tried a few options after reading reviews on the web, including a few on the above-mentioned sites in this thread, but none of them (kits I have bought) worked as advertised.

I just gave vent to my frustration. Sorry about that.

But I am not giving up and still looking for a great LED kit.

It may just be me but I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post. That fact that this somewhat incoherent post is in response to a thread that has had no attention in the past two years also seems odd. Try again and tell us what you want to get across. This is an unusual first post.

The SL1 led lights from diod dynamics have a good reputation

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.