Plug and play resistors

Plug and play resistors

This is a discussion on Plug and play resistors within the F150 Ecoboost Lighting forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Garage category; I just put diode dynamics LED headlight, marker, and fog lights in my 15 XLT. I have the switch back turn signals too but I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By noodles

Thread: Plug and play resistors

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Plug and play resistors

I just put diode dynamics LED headlight, marker, and fog lights in my 15 XLT. I have the switch back turn signals too but I didn’t put them in because the plug and play resistors I got were not correct.
    Does anyone know what the correct plug and play resistors are from Putco?

Member #
    Liked
    1695 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMouse27 View Post
    I just put diode dynamics LED headlight, marker, and fog lights in my 15 XLT. I have the switch back turn signals too but I didnít put them in because the plug and play resistors I got were not correct.
    Does anyone know what the correct plug and play resistors are from Putco?
    Forget the resistors. Look into installing Forscan on your laptop,(Free from Forscan.org), then you sign up at Forscan.org forum, and follow the link to generate the Free 2 month extended license status, which allows you to do more advanced stuff. I don't think you need the extended license for turning off the "Bulb out" feature (hyperflash), but not 100% sure.

You'll need an OBDII adapter... you can get a cheaper ELM327 bluetooth adapter, or a USB corded one with the HS/MS switch, or the best is the bluetooth Scantool MX or MX+ adapter.

Forscan allows you to reprogram a lot of different functions controlled by the modules in your truck, including but not limited to disabling the Hyperflash associated with installing LED lights, changing DRL on/off and which lights to use as DRL. Another example is say if you decide to add the factory brake controller, you can enable the system to accept it, etc, etc.

You may think it's complicated by how I wrote this, but it's not. I just tried to jamb as much info here to try and cut down questions and delayed answers.

A lot of us use Forscan, so ask questions if you've got them.
    Last edited by noodles; 03-20-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    Elmore328 likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Sponsored Links