Sync update question - Page 3

Sync update question

This is a discussion on Sync update question within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by winchested Vehicle health reports are only available only those equipped or programmed for it. The Ford Owners site says my truck is ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sync update question

Ecoboost Regular theasphaltrv'er's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    Vehicle health reports are only available only those equipped or programmed for it. The Ford Owners site says my truck is not so equipped.
    winchested. My Ford Owners website page says mine is programed for the vehicle health report. When I set it up, I had to go thru several steps like giving my cell #, if I wanted texts bout different reports. I'll try again today to see if I can figure it out. If not one of my former students is a big shot down at the Ford house, I'll get him to get it workin.
    13 Kodiak Brown, XLT, HD, 4X4, Ecoboost, 3.73
    15K PullRite SuperGlider
    14 Cougar 26SAB 5er

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok I'm completely confused....I installed the sync files the thumb drive and followed the instructions to install the updates on my 2012 sync with nav. First install it just switched back to phone mode. I checked the thumb drive on the computer and no file on it from the sync system, just the original install files. I proceeded to do a master reset and installed the updates again. This time their were voice prompts and after maybe 10 mins I received a install complete message. I waited a few more minutes...... Nothing changed. I pulled the thumb drive and after clearing my phone repaired it with sync. I checked the thumb drive, still no file on it from the sync system, bluetooth doesn't seem to switch back when I restart the truck(still shows line in) but yet I ran a vehicle service report and it shoes the updated sync version....what gives?

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    To my understanding the final health report is sent to your email or ford account. Those are the only places I was able read any of my results.
    2014 Ecoboost Supercab *3.31 Gears* -2'' front leveling kit- -Nitto Trail Grapplers MTs- -XD Misfit 800 17'' Wheels- -LED Conversion -

Torque is what gets the cap off your beer

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Sorry to jump in late. But I am not sure I understand your issue. I just recently installed my update 2 days and it worked like a charm. the files you download need to be a folder and two other files that are un-rooted from the folder. The update take about 15-20mins without turning off the truck. please explain your issue. Because from I reading from your post the install is installing butt I am unclear of your problem after that.
    2014 Ecoboost Supercab *3.31 Gears* -2'' front leveling kit- -Nitto Trail Grapplers MTs- -XD Misfit 800 17'' Wheels- -LED Conversion -

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboost14 View Post
    Sorry to jump in late. But I am not sure I understand your issue. I just recently installed my update 2 days and it worked like a charm. the files you download need to be a folder and two other files that are un-rooted from the folder. The update take about 15-20mins without turning off the truck. please explain your issue. Because from I reading from your post the install is installing butt I am unclear of your problem after that.
    i read that after the install sync was suppose to write a file to your thumb drive that you then upload to sync my ride website, also after an ignition cycle, bluetooth doesn't automatically sync back up when streaming music. it still switches back to line in.

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NCM86 View Post
    i read that after the install sync was suppose to write a file to your thumb drive that you then upload to sync my ride website, also after an ignition cycle, bluetooth doesn't automatically sync back up when streaming music. it still switches back to line in.
    Hmmmm do you have a cable and or device plugged in via line in? I know if I have an iPhone or ipod hooked up via usb it always tries to switch to it

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eboost14 View Post
    Hmmmm do you have a cable and or device plugged in via line in? I know if I have an iPhone or ipod hooked up via usb it always tries to switch to it
    no nothing plugged in via line in. No other devices in truck either

Member #
    Liked
    976 times
    Sitting in my truck now doing this, going on ah hour, my radio and media both say unavailable. Nothing seems to wok right now and the instructions once you get going are less than perfect from the ford website. No progress bar or hey dumbass you are doing it wrong. Hope I didn't just pooch my sync system and really hate taking it to Ford to do this stuff..
    milesej05 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    As with every other operation on my sync (4" screen version) the update was slow, overly complicated, and aggrevating. It took 30 minutes and numerous command variations before i finally got my health report to run (which came back with an immediate service required red flag because my parking brake was on). After that it took another 10 mins to find the install option and 15 mins to get it to accept the usb drive/files. Once she said "install complete" it was at least 15 more minutes before the system was functional. Seems like the the complete notification should be at the end.... You know, when it's done.

This is the reason i won't ever buy a microsoft surface, smart watch, or phone.
    2014 Super Crew 2WD XLT 6.5ft, 3.15, Luxury, Leather, Std Tow, Spray in liner.
    2014 Rockwood 2516G Pop-up

Member #
    Liked
    976 times
    I gave up in fear of running out of gas or wife's patience while I sat in an idling vehicle in our driveway till midnight. I'm taking it in to have it done, I gave up and shut off the truck and at least the radio and such works again. I'll let them figure it out for me.
    milesej05 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links