Do these pickups come with bluetooth connectivity for your phone?

This is a discussion on Do these pickups come with bluetooth connectivity for your phone? within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Just wondering if these F-150's come with bluetooth connectivity for your cell phone? if so, how do you like it? can you answer & hang ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do these pickups come with bluetooth connectivity for your phone?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Just wondering if these F-150's come with bluetooth connectivity for your cell phone? if so, how do you like it? can you answer & hang up without touching your phone? Just curious. I have had GM vehicles with bluetooth & love it. I have not purchased an F-150 yet, but I'm planning to in the future.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Yes they do and yes you can answer and hang up without touching the phone, but if you physically answer the phone you have to select between the Bluetooth, handset and speakerphone
    White Tri Coat Metallic 2019 Platinum 3.5 Eco-Boost SCREW, 701A 5.5' bed, 3.31 E-lock rear end, 10 speed trans. painted engine cover, Extang full tilt tonneau, , 3M clear ceramic windshield tint, 20% Driver/Passenger Window tint (By Quality Tint in Aurora)
    White Tri coat Metallic 2018 Explorer Platinum, AVS Aeroskin
    Medium Blue 2019 Explorer Limited, AVS Aeroskin
    __________________________________________________ _________
    It's what you learn after you know everything that's truly important!

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    As famous as GM's Onstar is with their commercials, I would have thought you have heard of Ford 'Sync' that connects your phone via bluetooth. It has been much maligned as being on the slow side and occasional lockups on the news. I have had Sync in a few Fords now in various versions basic and touch screen versions, never had a problem and think it works really well with my Android based phone (Samsung S3). Both my wife and daughter have said that at time with full hands free calling they have had the "Ford Sync lady" not understand them - maybe it's a man thing, but both my sons and I get understood no problem. Back to your question though, if you hit phone button on the steering wheel you can answer or make calls without touching your phone.
    2014 F150 Lariat Ecoboost CC Max Tow Blue Jeans 4x4 Offroad
    Bak Roll-x, Ford Sportliner by Bedrug, Hellwig rear sway bar

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3289 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red whoosh View Post
    but if you physically answer the phone you have to select between the Bluetooth, handset and speakerphone
    Maybe in the 2015's. I can answer the phone physically and it automatically goes through the truck speakers.
    madmaxmutt likes this.
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by milesej05 View Post
    Maybe in the 2015's. I can answer the phone physically and it automatically goes through the truck speakers.
    Well it could be me but on my 13 explorer, the 13 150 and this 150 that's the way it works, and maybe it's an iPhone thing, I hear there are lot of things I miss because I don't have an android (talk to text for one grrrr) due to sync being a Microsoft system
    White Tri Coat Metallic 2019 Platinum 3.5 Eco-Boost SCREW, 701A 5.5' bed, 3.31 E-lock rear end, 10 speed trans. painted engine cover, Extang full tilt tonneau, , 3M clear ceramic windshield tint, 20% Driver/Passenger Window tint (By Quality Tint in Aurora)
    White Tri coat Metallic 2018 Explorer Platinum, AVS Aeroskin
    Medium Blue 2019 Explorer Limited, AVS Aeroskin
    __________________________________________________ _________
    It's what you learn after you know everything that's truly important!

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3289 times
    Well it could be me but on my 13 explorer, the 13 150 and this 150 that's the way it works, and maybe it's an iPhone thing, I hear there are lot of things I miss because I don't have an android (talk to text for one grrrr) due to sync being a Microsoft system
    I have a '13, but I also have a Galaxy S5...
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Yes and it works great, one of my favorite features on the truck
    TREMOR - February 2015 TOTM

For Sale: Ground Force 2" Lowering Coil Springs and 4" Lowering Leaf Springs. Local pickup only.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1067 times
    No problem with my iPhone

2013 F150 Supercrew Lariat+ | Kodiac Brown | 4X4 | 502A | Tow | 3.55 E-Locker | SCT X4 5* 93per/tow | Michelin Defender LTX M/S 285/60R20 | PowerStop slotted-drilled front and back rotors W/ Z36 pads | Bilsteins 5100's X4 |Hellwig rear Anti-Sway Bar | Firestone Ride-Rite Rear Airbags (5000) | Air Lift WirelessAIR On-Board Air Compressor (7200) | AMP Research Power Step | spray in bed liner | HID lights | full LED | aFePower diff. Cover | 3.0 door detent | DeeZee TGA | Retrax Pro Cover | Rugged Ridge FM | Anzo LED side Mirror lights | UPR Billet Emblems | aFePower 4"X12" black exhaust tip | OEM Rear Wheel Well Liners | Westin Contour bull bar | Rigid Industries D-Series D2 LED Lights | raptor grill lights | SnapRest armrest | Bright TRAX led puddle lights | TrailFX window vents/hood protector | 35% tint | My Build https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/1...-counting.html

Member #
    Liked
    1238 times
    Yes they do and yes you can answer and hang up without touching the phone, but if you physically answer the phone you have to select between the Bluetooth, handset and speakerphone
    Me thinks that is a phone setting... my buddy has the latest and greatest iPhone, I'm on android and I once used a blackberry on sync and never had to do that... defaulted to the car speakers...
    2013 F150 Screw Lariat
    Forged Pistons, Rods, Studded heads, BW Turbos, FR CAC, Rad, CAI, CC, DP's, Exhaust, Hand ported exhaust manifolds, meth
    Check out my build thread!
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...ld-thread.html

Member #
    Liked
    73 times
    Mine works perfectly, only problem I have is the moon roof is open most of the time, so I have to close it first so that the caller can hear me.
    2012 F-150 Platinum with Bak G2 tonneau cover, Roadmaster RAS, Bilstein 5100 in rear, SCT Livewire
    1997 V6 Mustang 10.96 1/4 mile, Steering wheel and dash only thing stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links