Concerned - Page 2

Concerned

This is a discussion on Concerned within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Keep us posted Viking and congrats in advance on the wedding! Oh I would recommend buying tuner sooner rather than wait. Only cost you more ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Concerned

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Keep us posted Viking and congrats in advance on the wedding! Oh I would recommend buying tuner sooner rather than wait. Only cost you more as you add on the miles (4mpg lost = less wedding money the longer you drive the truck without the fix gas isn't getting any cheaper) lol good luck n cheers!!!
    2012- King Ranch 4x4, SuperCrew 6.5' bed, Max Tow PKG (3.73), 33" Toyo Open Country (10ply/E-rated), Arctic Spray-in bedliner, Boost Bars (Chrome).

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK-KingBoost View Post
    Keep us posted Viking and congrats in advance on the wedding! Oh I would recommend buying tuner sooner rather than wait. Only cost you more as you add on the miles (4mpg lost = less wedding money the longer you drive the truck without the fix gas isn't getting any cheaper) lol good luck n cheers!!!
    That's what I was thinking too, better sooner than later. And thank you for the wishes, I'll keep you guys posted as I make more mods to my truck (still working on a name for him). And how do you add an avatar to your profile? I'd love to upload a pic of my truck but I can't find where you do it.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    185 times
    To add an avatar go to the small link line just under What's New, you'll see Forum Actions. Click the little arrow to the right and choose Edit Profile. In that window there will be a column of links to the left, choose Edit Avatar. From there its pretty intuitive! You can do it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok, I'm sure most of you have seen my frantic post about my programmer locking me out of my truck essentially making it a 6,000lb paper weight, but Edge's customer service was able to flash a stock program to my device so I could get it restarted. Once I updated to the latest firmware for the tuner I was able to flash a tune (I chose the fuel economy mode) and boy, what a difference it made! I've still got to play with it a little bit, I was able to update the tire size and gear ratio on the tuner (don't know if anything else needs to be messed with to get accurate fuel economy readings or not) but I went from barely getting 15mpg at 75mph (according to the info center of the truck) to 20mpg at 75mph! That's awesome! I don't know if the tuner is 100% accurate as it says at 75mph I was getting anywhere from 27-31mpg, if that's true then it's well worth the investment. Is there anything else I need to do to this thing to get it reading better or do you think it's accurate? Thanks guys, you've all been a big help.

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Keep us posted on the new gas mileage. Does the edge tuner void your warranty?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis009 View Post
    Keep us posted on the new gas mileage. Does the edge tuner void your warranty?
    I'm sure it will if they see it's been tampered with, but you can flash your stock files back on before taking it to the dealership and remove the programmer so they don't see it. Also, mine is out of warranty anyway, so I figured what the heck. And I'll keep y'all posted on any changes to gas mileage. So far so good though.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Concerned

Have you done a manual calculation of your fuel mileage? Just curious.
    Last edited by FrankEtier; 02-16-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I haven't done a manual calculation just yet, but according to my truck's information center I averaged 18mpg combined with this last tank. According to the programmer I got a combined 21. I'll have to do a manual calculation and see what it is for this tank.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I was at a trade show a few weeks ago and I was talking to my exhaust vendor, that also makes the high flow exhaust kits for the Power Stroke and Dodge Cummins. About making one for the EcoBoost.

They told me without a tuner that it would NOT be a good idea for the EcoBoost. Because of how the gas engine is different than the diesel. It would harm the MPG. And compound that with a cold air intake. You might be OK with one but both would make the computer read a lean cond. and the ECM would send more gas causing the problem your talking about.
    TheViking likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links