Leasing???

Leasing???

This is a discussion on Leasing??? within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Well, it looks like the plan may have changed. Instead of purchasing the FX2 I was taking about yesterday, I think I'm just going to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leasing???

Ecoboost Jr Member BlueJeansBoosted's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Leasing???

Well, it looks like the plan may have changed. Instead of purchasing the FX2 I was taking about yesterday, I think I'm just going to lease a nice FX4 that I saw on the lot. It has 3.55's and I think it's a little tougher looking. I'm kinda getting a little tired of being responsible for vehicle maintenance and I do change vehicles somewhat often. I also tend to stress out and worry about my cars way too much. A lease would certainly alleviate that too. A friend of mine just leased his FX4 and he says I won't regret it. Any thoughts ?

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Leased my xtr and it has been good so far, 4 months in(i may buy it out in 4yrs).
    This is the way i figure leasing: If you really like the vehicle and you lease and it hasn't required an ass load of warranty repairs, you always have the option to buy it out in the end.
    If you buy and you get a lemon or don't dig the vehicle a few years in, o well your stuck with it until it's paid for.
    My sister leased a focus titanium hatch and hates it, she's glad she leased it and can give it back in a year.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    Leased my xtr and it has been good so far, 4 months in(i may buy it out in 4yrs).
    This is the way i figure leasing: If you really like the vehicle and you lease and it hasn't required an ass load of warranty repairs, you always have the option to buy it out in the end.
    If you buy and you get a lemon or don't dig the vehicle a few years in, o well your stuck with it until it's paid for.
    My sister leased a focus titanium hatch and hates it, she's glad she leased it and can give it back in a year.
    AWESOME......thats EXACTLY how i was thinking about it. THANKS!

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Ecoboost Sr Member king nothing's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If your the kind of person who gets a new truck every 4 or 5 years, leasing might be for you. problem is you arent building any equity in the vehicle. Im not sure whether the buy at the end is a good idea. is there a set price or is it negotiable at that point?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by king nothing View Post
    If your the kind of person who gets a new truck every 4 or 5 years, leasing might be for you. problem is you arent building any equity in the vehicle. Im not sure whether the buy at the end is a good idea. is there a set price or is it negotiable at that point?
    I'll know more tomorrow....going to the dealer to get the low down BUT when you go sign the lease, they give you an exact price for what they'd sell the vehicle for at the end of the lease. Usually, it doesn't work out to be much mokre than it would've been had you financed it in the beginning. But, the downside to that is that you lease it for 3 years, then finance it at the end of 3 years for 3, 4 or even 5 more years

Ecoboost Sr Member king nothing's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah, I can see leasing if your going to turn it in after, but if your planning on keeping it after the lease it would probably be much less expensive in the long run to just finance it for 72 or 84 months. I dont know if you have a trade but I financed around 30k on my '13 XLT for 72 months at 440/month. That includes the premium care warranty w/$50 deductible for 7 years 125k miles. I wanted it fully covered at least as long as I was paying for it

Member #
    Is there a down payment due at signing? The thing about leasing is no equity like the above poster said. I purchased my sti with 3000 down, it's been 3 years and I have about 10k equity in it if I were to trade it in. That would not be the same if I had leased the vehicle

Member #
    Liked
    4275 times
    I've done it and it's ok if you're ok with basically always having a car note.....AND if you don't drive a lot of miles.....be very careful reading the fine print....many standard lease payments only account for 12k miles per year....if you drive more than that you have to either "buy" extra miles on the front end or bend over on the back end.

Personally, I won't do it again.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2013 XLT 2WD Supercab EcoBoost - 3.31 E-Locker - Sterling Grey - chrome package ejected - mods in process using my HAL9000 super computer

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I leased my 2013 fx4 and I've leased other cars before with success. I put zero down and they made my first payment. I was given up to 19k miles per year at no extra cost. I say that bc when they brought the numbers to me it was 12 or 15k per year and I mentioned I needed more and they said they can do up to 19k for same price. In 3 years if I have equity I will trade it or sell it. If I have no equity or upside down I'll hand it back in. I can also buy it but I have already decided I will be walking out with a new aluminum body I always have a payment on atleast one vehicle and like it to be new so leasing works for me. And for $20 a month I have 3 or 4k in leasing ins that can go towards anything the dealer thinks is excessive wear..including tires. In my last lease I had equity so I used it on a trade in vs handing it back. It's not for everyone but works for me. Cheers
    Black 2013 FX 402A_ 5.5 box_3.55 gearing_AFE Stage II CAI_AFE Charge Pipe_LET & 5 Star 91 octane tunes_RX Monster Catch Can_ATP CAC

Member #
    Liked
    2341 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VolForLife View Post
    I've done it and it's ok if you're ok with basically always having a car note.....AND if you don't drive a lot of miles.....be very careful reading the fine print....many standard lease payments only account for 12k miles per year....if you drive more than that you have to either "buy" extra miles on the front end or bend over on the back end.

Personally, I won't do it again.
    ^^^^^^^

Miles is pretty much why I haven't considered a lease

But they do get you in the end if you try to buy.....I've heard it's a lot of money on top of what you've already spent.

I have no experience with a lease tho. Just be smart!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links