Mishimoto CAC Review?

Mishimoto CAC Review?

This is a discussion on Mishimoto CAC Review? within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I've read through the Mishimoto Intercooler R&D thread and there aren't really any reviews on the actual product. Seems to be a better built CAC ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Mishimoto CAC Review?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Mishimoto CAC Review?

I've read through the Mishimoto Intercooler R&D thread and there aren't really any reviews on the actual product. Seems to be a better built CAC than other stock location replacements. Anyone have it and willing to give me your thoughts on it? Looking to finally upgrade the CAC since I'm starting to mod my truck for towing and I found a good price for it.

Thanks

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    They have only been available for a matter of weeks and thats not really enough time for the buyers to have a chance to put it through some notable 'testing'. I know member 1882 got one installed on is truck and gave his first impressions of it being a great unit. Until summer time really hits, most people won't realize the full potential yet.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    We had our Mishimoto rep in three weeks ago and they were just getting ready to launch it. That data from customers is going to be months away.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    167 times
    I have one on order as well and assuming it arrives in the next 2-3 weeks, you'll get my feedback on build quality, install info, and dyno results in 4-6 weeks. Mishimoto is well known for their quality intercoolers on many other platforms, which is why I held out once I heard they were developing one.

As far as stock mounting location goes, I think they are the only aftermarket company to apply a little innovation and think a little bit outside the box, with their mounting style and the "air diversion plates". I appreciate that they solicited feedback from truck owners during the design process, which is where things like the threaded plug came from.
    Blown F-150 likes this.
    2013 F-150 SuperCrew FX4, Blue Flame Metallic - 3.55 gears - 5 Star tuned - Mishimoto CAC - UPR Mega CC - Mishimoto coolant reservoir - Expedition trans cooler - Bilstein 5100 shocks - F150Lifts 2.5" rear block - Osram CBIs - Morimoto LED fogs - Power Stop Z36 brakes - LED lights everywhere

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Well it been in the 90's here again this week and I'm under boost it steady 8-10 degrees above ambient. That's been constant since I installed other than when we had that little cold air move in then it was like 4 degrees above ambient when under boost. when just cruising at light throttle really under no boost it climbs up 15-20 this week but soon as i give it gas and under boost it drops straight away to +8. It comes with 3 pieces you attach to front on top and sides of the intercooler to make the air flow ducted straight to the fins, also has drain plug in bottom mount driver side.
    2014 FX2 ECOBOOST CREW APPEARANCE PACKAGE
    MODS Full Race Catch can, MPT tuned. Mishimoto Intercooler

Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    3 pieces you say? I only got 2. I did end up with extra hardware though, this explains it. Could ya post a pic?
    2013 Lariat, 3.73, GT's, Tifosi ported manifolds, coated Full Race off road DP's, Mishimoto IC, SPD's, Airaid, 170* Tstat, RX can

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    Does anyone else with a Mishimoto IC have any feedback to add? I am debating between this IC and the wagner. Application is towing, not racing.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA Dan View Post
    Does anyone else with a Mishimoto IC have any feedback to add? I am debating between this IC and the wagner. Application is towing, not racing.

what year truck and how much towing? mishimoto has some solid products and bonus on the 17 you dont have to relocate the oil cooler.

that being said, im interested to hear what the actual core dimensions are for the new 1+ CACs as from pics it looks stock plus a little wider

Member #
    Liked
    279 times
    I was asking about gen I. I have a 2012 FX4.

Gold Supporting Member bespurcell's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    I have a mishimoto. I've never towed with it, but my iat temps going down the highway stay the same as ambient as long as I'm building some boost. I like the fact it comes with a drain plug(which I drilled out).
    2012 supercrew Lariat 4wd 3:55 ELD SCT X4 Gearhead tune, 3" Magnaflow, deleted resonator and replaced with 3" pipe, Mishimoto CAC and cold side pipes

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links