ForScan questions - Page 2

ForScan questions

This is a discussion on ForScan questions within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Grim Reaper I have gone through the "List" and implemented the TPMS disable, "Bambi" mode (Driving Lights stay on with High Beams), ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ForScan questions

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    I have gone through the "List" and implemented the TPMS disable, "Bambi" mode (Driving Lights stay on with High Beams), and modified my DRLs to use my Driving Lights instead of my Low Beams (you can also make it use the Amber Parking Lights or disable it entirely if you prefer).
    In a week or two I will be picking your brain on how to go about doing that with the driving lights.
    2014 F 150 Supercab XLT 4wd 3.5 Ecoboost

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    The 2011-2014 settings for tire size do not work when you change them using forscan. I was able to switch settings for running lights and reset the battery life monitor and a few other settings but changing tire size/gearing to correct the speedo does not work from forscan for these model years. The tuner companies have figured out how to make it stick somehow though.
    That's good to know. I see a few other "mods" that I wonder if they actually work. Supposedly if I install Folding Trailer Mirrors (I have the manual folding trailer mirrors), that is suppose to work according to other websites I have visited.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird1 View Post
    In a week or two I will be picking your brain on how to go about doing that with the driving lights.
    There are some excellent videos on Youtube on it. That's what I did, and it's a LOT simpler than you think.

The key thing to remember is, if you have MULTIPLE changes to the same "bit switch", you should save them after each change to make sure the change worked.

One thing I also want to try, is seeing if I can force certain functions (like Parking Grid) to remain when you reprogram the PCM (whether Forscan or Tune). I hate having to reset a half dozen of certain display functions on the dash monitor everytime I reprogram the PCM. Gets tiresome.

I think if I use Forscan, that I can make the Parking Grid (and other functions) default to the value I want (instead of what someone at Ford).

Also, @noodles is a good source of info on Forscan. Not sure how often he uses it anymore. Most guys use it "once or twice" to make the changes they wanted. And then never use it again (unless someone points out an interesting change).
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 08-07-2018 at 09:11 AM.
    Blown F-150 likes this.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmore328 View Post
    Not attempting to completely derail, but.......
    I'm aware that FORScan is for FoMoCo vehicles. Is there a similar type of program for General Motors vehicles?
    I'm guessing not?
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    If you haven't considered and ELM327 with the switch that enables MS Can, you should. It opens up more information and possibilities for consideration. There are a few more changes that can be made and if you are having a module issue, it opens up the DTC's for those modules that wouldn't ordinarily be available using an 'conventional' adapter. This is how I was able to diagnose my backup camera issue recently. Here is the list that will come up that shows more of the modules that are MS Can.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Grim Reaper and Blown F-150 like this.
    2017 F 150 XLT 4x4, Ruby Red, 3.5L ecoboost, 10 speed tranny, Supercrew, 302a

Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    That is why I got the cable. Along with the direct connection eliminates any possible interference.
    Bolt-ons Installed:

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    I have no idea.
    I'm guessing not?
    Baaaaaaaaaaa

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    I have no idea.

Baaaaaaaaaaa
    Me neither... But thanks for acknowledging my question. LOL
    I have googled it but apparently am not using the right terminology for a properly informed search. I can't believe that Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda is the only manufacture that allows a program to be used in this manner.
    mwemaxxowner likes this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    1738 times
    Me neither... But thanks for acknowledging my question. LOL
    I have googled it but apparently am not using the right terminology for a properly informed search. I can't believe that Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda is the only manufacture that allows a program to be used in this manner.
    The truth is that Ford enthusiasts are the ones that made Forscan available... Chevy enthusiasts are too busy watching the aluminum bed commercials.
    On the motorcycle side there's TuneECU, which allows for programming the performance side of things on certain brands. (My Triumph included).
    Elmore328 likes this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I bought the one off of amazon that was posted here, usb cable with a switch.
    Another question, I downloaded the software to my laptop does my laptop need a WiFi connection to the internet to be able to use FORScan?
    The WiFi doesn’t work out in my shop as it’s a few hundred feet from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 F 150 Supercab XLT 4wd 3.5 Ecoboost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links