strange noise

strange noise

This is a discussion on strange noise within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I've got this strange noise that developed about 2 months ago. It's only done it 3 or 4 times since then, and every time it's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strange noise

Ecoboost Sr Member Rock krusher's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    21 times

strange noise

I've got this strange noise that developed about 2 months ago. It's only done it 3 or 4 times since then, and every time it's done it's been when I've come to a stop somewhere. It almost sounds like something rubbing on a fan, kind of a buzzing noise. But it's not the fans cuz they weren't running, I stuck my fingers in there and checked. Not extremely loud but annoying. The first couple times it quit as soon as I was getting out of the truck to check it out. This time it did it for 4 or 5 minutes so I was able to get a recording. It's coming from what sounds like in front of the engine, kinda in the middle/driver sideish. If I grab the tyranny cooler I can feel it the most. I'm lost. It's definitely not coming from the engine. Vacuum pump maybe?

It's kinda hard to hear in my video but if u listen close you'll hear this buzzing, a fan rubbing something kinda noise. Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the same problem! It doesn't do it all the time but when it do it's when I'm on a incline and I put the truck in park.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Same time mine does it. When I pull in my driveway which is at an incline and I go to park.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Found out its the transmission. Bad solenoids. Causes the tranny and trans cooler to vibrate. There's a tsb for it. Tsb 13-04-15.

http://www.f150forum.com/f2/2013-fx4...o-park-237502/
    Last edited by Rock krusher; 09-16-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh really? Speaking of transmissions, I also have a hesitation on take off. I brought this up to my dealer and they said it sounds like it could be a transmission problem. I have an appointment on the 22nd. Are you also having hesitation on take off?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    No I don't have any hesitations. Mine shifts perfect in and out of every gear and on take off. Just has had a stupid buzzing a couple times.

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLD View Post
    Oh really? Speaking of transmissions, I also have a hesitation on take off. I brought this up to my dealer and they said it sounds like it could be a transmission problem. I have an appointment on the 22nd. Are you also having hesitation on take off?
    I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck

. Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock krusher View Post
    No I don't have any hesitations. Mine shifts perfect in and out of every gear and on take off. Just has had a stupid buzzing a couple times.
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder982 View Post
    I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck

. Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.
    Hey NFLD, Rock krusher, and spyder982,

I'll gladly look into this for you. To do so, all I'll need is for you to PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime phone number, and some more details on the issues you're experiencing.

Nick

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Sign them all up for eharmony at the same time
    2012 XLT /3.73/Icon 2.5/18" Method Wheel/295-70 Nitto/Corsa Resonator Delete/Corsa DB Catback/E2 20" Combo/x2 D2 Driving

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder982 View Post
    I have a hesitation from time to time. If you roll through a stop and gas it you get nothing. I also have a surge in the morning. Startup put in reverse and no real movement, give it gas and it's like someone stepped in the pedal to the floor shooting the truck backwards. Haven't had time to take it in yet along with the many other things wrong with the truck . Stupid dealer, covert hutto, tried to tell me it was due to the truck being drive by wire and I must have not owned a drive by wire vehicle in the past.
    Yeah they'll pretty much tell you anything lol. Same thing happens to me on a roll through stop. My dealership said it was a transmission problem. Got an appointment on the 22nd. I'll keep you all posted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links