2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch - Page 2

2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch

This is a discussion on 2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I Did the Full Race CAC, Tial BOV, ROugh Country 1010 Hidden Winch mount and a SmittyBilt 10k X20 Winch. Awesome set up and I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    I Did the Full Race CAC, Tial BOV, ROugh Country 1010 Hidden Winch mount and a SmittyBilt 10k X20 Winch.

Awesome set up and I didn't add any length to the truck.

Grim Reaper likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    How low does that CAC hang down? Past the crossmember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    The CAC is above the winch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

Yeah on second look those hoses are way too small for a CAC is that an oil cooler that hanging down then?

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by avwizz View Post

Yeah on second look those hoses are way too small for a CAC is that an oil cooler that hanging down then?

Yup, that's the oil cooler. The CAC is not actually in place in that pic. This one will probably give you a better idea.

Member #
    Liked
    2616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK4wheeler View Post
    As discussed before and I will reiterate again, for the 2009-2014 body styled EBs, the ONLY winch bumper that will NOT block the OEM CAC is made by Hammerhead. I have researched all bumper manufacturers and Hammerhead is the only company that has DESIGNED a bumper for the EB platform. Their design raises the winch up to leave the OEM CAC opening unrestricted.

https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/ford-f150-eco-boost-with-winch-tray-x-series-2011-2014/

AK4wheeler
    That Brush guard is retarded looking and the bumper eats into approach angle pretty good by hanging 2" lower than the tow hooks. If it was so low and had an option not to have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over, it would be a nice option.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    That Brush guard is retarded looking and the bumper eats into approach angle pretty good by hanging 2" lower than the tow hooks. If it was so low and had an option not to have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over, it would be a nice option.
    It's your opinion on the "retarded looking" part of your statement, but the fact remains that the HammerHead winch bumper is the ONLY bumper that is made to keep an opening for the OEM CAC location. If the Ford Engineers weren't ignorant to design the CAC to hang behind the bumper, we would have more options...but alas, we do not.

And the part of your statement about the bumper hanging 2 inches lower than the stock tow hooks messing the approach angle is false. The stock valance hangs that much lower than the stock tow hooks as well, so no real difference.

BTW...If you would have looked at their site, then you would have seen the other styles of bumpers that "do not have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over it".

https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/...ner-2011-2014/

AK4wheeler
    Last edited by AK4wheeler; 05-13-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2616 times
    It's your opinion on the "retarded looking" part of your statement, but the fact remains that the HammerHead winch bumper is the ONLY bumper that is made to keep an opening for the OEM CAC location. If the Ford Engineers weren't ignorant to design the CAC to hang behind the bumper, we would have more options...but alas, we do not.

And the part of your statement about the bumper hanging 2 inches lower than the stock tow hooks messing the approach angle is false. The stock valance hangs that much lower than the stock tow hooks as well, so no real difference.

BTW...If you would have looked at their site, then you would have seen the other styles of bumpers that "do not have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over it".

https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/...ner-2011-2014/

AK4wheeler
    The stock valance takes 10 seconds to remove with a wrench... Poof you l
    Now have 3" more approach clearance...
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    The stock valance takes 10 seconds to remove with a wrench... Poof you l
    Now have 3" more approach clearance...
    I removed my lower valance when I bought my truck, and low and behold, there is still 2" of plastic below the stock tow hooks that can't be removed without a sawzall. That portion of the valance that can't be removed is there to cover the open ends of the frame horn. The HammerHead bumper is made to do the same...so same approach angle as the stock bumper.
    Name:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  2.42 MB
    AK4wheeler

Member #
    Liked
    2616 times
    I removed my lower valance when I bought my truck, and low and behold, there is still 2" of plastic below the stock tow hooks that can't be removed without a sawzall. That portion of the valance that can't be removed is there to cover the open ends of the frame horn. The HammerHead bumper is made to do the same...so same approach angle as the stock bumper.
    Name:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  2.42 MB
    AK4wheeler
    Okay you win!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links