2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch - Page 2

2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch

This is a discussion on 2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I Did the Full Race CAC, Tial BOV, ROugh Country 1010 Hidden Winch mount and a SmittyBilt 10k X20 Winch. Awesome set up and I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 2014 f150 Ecoboost Grille Guard and Winch

  1. #11
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,870
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    I Did the Full Race CAC, Tial BOV, ROugh Country 1010 Hidden Winch mount and a SmittyBilt 10k X20 Winch.

    Awesome set up and I didn't add any length to the truck.



    Grim Reaper likes this.

  2. #12
    Ecoboost Jr Member avwizz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Member #
    15491
    Liked
    18 times
    How low does that CAC hang down? Past the crossmember?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #13
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,870
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    The CAC is above the winch



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Ecoboost Jr Member avwizz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    39
    Member #
    15491
    Liked
    18 times


    Yeah on second look those hoses are way too small for a CAC is that an oil cooler that hanging down then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #15
    Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    1,870
    Member #
    15073
    Liked
    1043 times
    Quote Originally Posted by avwizz View Post


    Yeah on second look those hoses are way too small for a CAC is that an oil cooler that hanging down then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yup, that's the oil cooler. The CAC is not actually in place in that pic. This one will probably give you a better idea.


  7. #16
    Eco-Beast winchested's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,548
    Member #
    2128
    Liked
    2616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK4wheeler View Post
    As discussed before and I will reiterate again, for the 2009-2014 body styled EBs, the ONLY winch bumper that will NOT block the OEM CAC is made by Hammerhead. I have researched all bumper manufacturers and Hammerhead is the only company that has DESIGNED a bumper for the EB platform. Their design raises the winch up to leave the OEM CAC opening unrestricted.

    https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/ford-f150-eco-boost-with-winch-tray-x-series-2011-2014/



    AK4wheeler
    That Brush guard is retarded looking and the bumper eats into approach angle pretty good by hanging 2" lower than the tow hooks. If it was so low and had an option not to have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over, it would be a nice option.
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

  8. #17
    Ecoboost Veteran AK4wheeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    419
    Member #
    16003
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    That Brush guard is retarded looking and the bumper eats into approach angle pretty good by hanging 2" lower than the tow hooks. If it was so low and had an option not to have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over, it would be a nice option.
    It's your opinion on the "retarded looking" part of your statement, but the fact remains that the HammerHead winch bumper is the ONLY bumper that is made to keep an opening for the OEM CAC location. If the Ford Engineers weren't ignorant to design the CAC to hang behind the bumper, we would have more options...but alas, we do not.

    And the part of your statement about the bumper hanging 2 inches lower than the stock tow hooks messing the approach angle is false. The stock valance hangs that much lower than the stock tow hooks as well, so no real difference.

    BTW...If you would have looked at their site, then you would have seen the other styles of bumpers that "do not have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over it".

    https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/...ner-2011-2014/

    AK4wheeler
    Last edited by AK4wheeler; 05-13-2019 at 08:16 AM.

  9. #18
    Eco-Beast winchested's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,548
    Member #
    2128
    Liked
    2616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK4wheeler View Post
    It's your opinion on the "retarded looking" part of your statement, but the fact remains that the HammerHead winch bumper is the ONLY bumper that is made to keep an opening for the OEM CAC location. If the Ford Engineers weren't ignorant to design the CAC to hang behind the bumper, we would have more options...but alas, we do not.

    And the part of your statement about the bumper hanging 2 inches lower than the stock tow hooks messing the approach angle is false. The stock valance hangs that much lower than the stock tow hooks as well, so no real difference.

    BTW...If you would have looked at their site, then you would have seen the other styles of bumpers that "do not have that monstrosity of ugly tubing welded all over it".

    https://hammerheadarmor.com/product/...ner-2011-2014/

    AK4wheeler
    The stock valance takes 10 seconds to remove with a wrench... Poof you l
    Now have 3" more approach clearance...
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

  10. #19
    Ecoboost Veteran AK4wheeler's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    419
    Member #
    16003
    Liked
    121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by winchested View Post
    The stock valance takes 10 seconds to remove with a wrench... Poof you l
    Now have 3" more approach clearance...
    I removed my lower valance when I bought my truck, and low and behold, there is still 2" of plastic below the stock tow hooks that can't be removed without a sawzall. That portion of the valance that can't be removed is there to cover the open ends of the frame horn. The HammerHead bumper is made to do the same...so same approach angle as the stock bumper.
    Name:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  2.42 MB
    AK4wheeler

  11. #20
    Eco-Beast winchested's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,548
    Member #
    2128
    Liked
    2616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AK4wheeler View Post
    I removed my lower valance when I bought my truck, and low and behold, there is still 2" of plastic below the stock tow hooks that can't be removed without a sawzall. That portion of the valance that can't be removed is there to cover the open ends of the frame horn. The HammerHead bumper is made to do the same...so same approach angle as the stock bumper.
    Name:  IMG_0369.JPG
Views: 35
Size:  2.42 MB
    AK4wheeler
    Okay you win!
    2011 XLT Screw 6.5' Box, Tux Black, 4" BDS lift, 34" BFG KO2 tires, 18x8.5" +18 XD spy Wheels, PTM oem Flares. Rampage Slimline nerf bars. 5* Tuned 87 P/T.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Full Guard Winch Bumpers
    By WyoBombero in forum F150 Ecoboost Appearance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2018, 08:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2018, 05:57 PM
  3. 2014 Westin HDX grille guard FS/FT $350
    By brady14kingranch in forum Buy/Sale/Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 10:01 PM
  4. Fab Fours full guard winch bumper - Reno, NV
    By schmeal in forum Buy/Sale/Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+