F150 ecoboost v nissan titan diesel - Page 2

F150 ecoboost v nissan titan diesel

This is a discussion on F150 ecoboost v nissan titan diesel within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; I wondered about that. I mean "on paper" I just couldn't figure out what Nissan was thinking! That truck should have been the unicorn truck ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: F150 ecoboost v nissan titan diesel

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3061 times
    I wondered about that.

I mean "on paper" I just couldn't figure out what Nissan was thinking!

That truck should have been the unicorn truck that fit right where you describe it. But those OFFICIAL numbers are head scratching.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    1785 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulyhuntr View Post
    I recall seeing quite a few overheating posts from you...
    Well to be fair. I do tow in the June, July, August 110į++ (AZ) summers and than add in elevation does seem to make the temp needle climb a pinch.
    No worries on flats.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Ecoboost Sr Member adkhunter1590's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
    I wondered about that.

I mean "on paper" I just couldn't figure out what Nissan was thinking!

That truck should have been the unicorn truck that fit right where you describe it. But those OFFICIAL numbers are head scratching.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The official numbers on paper are without a doubt part of their marketing scheme. I also read that Nissan wasnít trying to step on the toes of the big 3 and get dragged into the heavy duty war. With the way the suspension and drive train is setup, thereís no doubt in my mind the Titan XD is more of a HD truck vs a half ton. Just drive one, youíll feel it instantly. It drives just like a HD and handles like one.
    snakebitten likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1078 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adkhunter1590 View Post
    I have both a eco boost and a Titan XD Cummins. If your going to be towing a lot, the Titan hands down is a better tow rig than the ecoboost. Nothing to do with power, it’s all about the weight. The Titan is heavier and handles a trailer MUCH better than a 150. 8000 pounds is nothing for a Titan XD. Plenty of guys are loading these trucks down like they are 250s with no issues. Nissan went very conservative on their payload and towing capabilities, supposedly this was done on purpose to keep them in the middle of a 150 and 250. A lot of parts on the XD are from 3500 series RAM trucks, trans, rear ends and axles to name a few. Rear suspension is the same as the Nissan 2500 series work vans etc. in short, Nissan put some pretty stout parts on the XDs.

No the XD is not a fast truck, and it won’t out tow a F250 but it’s more than plenty for a 8000 pound camper. I’ve had zero issues with my Titan, and there’s plenty of other people who are very happy with them. For the money, it’s hard to beat a XD.
    I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the XD. Its the lack of payload on the Cummins version that makes it semi-useless for what you get. 1700 lb of payload on a Cummins Pro4X XD is not better than any half ton and half tons generally run out of payload well before GCWR. This is why I suggested looking at the 5.6L because it has a 2500 lb payload and is more of a 5/8 ton.

I would say the same thing about an F250 Powerstroke too. The diesel adds a stupid amount of weight and the payload suffers.

If you are suggesting to overload the truck because its overbuilt, well, go for it. I don't think anyone else here is gunna suggest doing that.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

Ecoboost Sr Member adkhunter1590's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the XD. Its the lack of payload on the Cummins version that makes it semi-useless for what you get. 1700 lb of payload on a Cummins Pro4X XD is not better than any half ton and half tons generally run out of payload well before GCWR. This is why I suggested looking at the 5.6L because it has a 2500 lb payload and is more of a 5/8 ton.

I would say the same thing about an F250 Powerstroke too. The diesel adds a stupid amount of weight and the payload suffers.

If you are suggesting to overload the truck because its overbuilt, well, go for it. I don't think anyone else here is gunna suggest doing that.

I understand the spec ratings on paper. But in reality, Iím not seeing this truck react to weight like a truck with a 1700 pound payload should.

Iím not suggesting anyone do anything. Iím just pointing out the facts.

But hell, on the farm, everything gets overloaded around here. Canít be scared.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links