Best Online Source to search for new used trucks

This is a discussion on Best Online Source to search for new used trucks within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Anybody know the best source to search online for new used F150 trucks? I have been using Autotrader and, Carfax. And a search of Craiglist. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Purefection

Thread: Best Online Source to search for new used trucks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Anybody know the best source to search online for new used F150 trucks? I have been using Autotrader and, Carfax. And a search of Craiglist. The difficulty I find is how to sort out trucks with my must haves such as Max Tow. Looking at used 17 and 18s. I can sorta narrow it by year and cab style and 4x4 but the details I end up having to read through a lot of trucks.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Try Car Guru. Worked for me, but I was searching for new trucks.
    2018 Guard (WTH kinda name is that for a color) * F-150 XLT S/Crew 2.7 * 3.55 rear * Trailer Tow Package * 18" Hankook's * Pro Backup Assist * Tailgate Step * Running Boards * Fog Lights * stubby antenna * full BedRug * Gator Tonneau * windows tinted dark as legal in Florida *

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    329 times
    Go to your local Ford dealer, tell them what you want, let them search the country. Mine has done it for me before.
    curtcharlespdx likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunfla View Post
    Try Car Guru. Worked for me, but I was searching for new trucks.
    X2. When I bought my 2018, Car Guru was the only search engine that would search 6.5 box vs. 5.5 box. I hated looking through all the 5.5 box trucks since it is a 10:1 ratio around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Ford F-150 Lariat Ecoboost. Max Tow Package w/ 6.5 foot bed.

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Found my 2014 on Cargurus.
    I looked at TrueCar and others sites and I found the same vehicles listed. But I liked the filtering options on CarGurus better.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Easily CarGurus

You can even see how long the truck has been on the dealers lot by VIN or even if it was on another dealers lot for a while before that.

Used it extensively in my last 2 purchases and got 2 great deals within minutes of them being listed

Member #
    Yes, cargurus has the 'long-bed' option, but I found it to be very inaccurate. Unfortunately, the filters on cars.com, cargurus, auto trader, etc. are really only good for filtering the basics such as: drivetrain, mileage, year, cab style, transmission, fuel, and a few others I'm sure I missed. I've been using those sites extensively over the last few months looking for a 6.5' bed platinum. Its very time consuming. It would be so nice if all dealerships would just use one platform. As mentioned above, the only 'easy' way to filter what you want is if you're buying new and go up to a dealership to search for you.

Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    The inaccuracy found on those sites is most likely due to mistakes of the individual creating the listing, not the site itself.
    I do recall coming across a few listings with inaccurate info, so I found myself cross checking the VIN and referencing Ford’s documentation on every vehicle I was interested in to confirm what options were available for that particular model and trim level.
    I found a truck listed as an XL when it was actually an XLT.

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2325 times
    Most dealerships now have Online Inventory (in my area anyways). Check all the local dealerships - including other makes as people do trade in their trucks.

Also, where I live people prefer KIJIJI over Craig's List. Craig's List seems to have a lot of "bogus ads" with scammers trying to rip you off. Kijiji's seems to be "better monitored" but has problems with scammers too. Beware of any deal where you cannot physically view the vehicle (for ANY REASON) or they are asking for money "up front". Also, some are "shipping scams" where they claim the vehicle is somewhere else and you'll have to pay a "small shipping fee".

Just remember the old phrase, "If the price is too good to be true, it probably is".

Good luck.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Sponsored Links