Talk me off the edge

Talk me off the edge

This is a discussion on Talk me off the edge within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Our local Ram dealers are offering huge incentives on leftover 2018 2500 and 3500s. $12-15k sticker as a start. I love my truck, but the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Talk me off the edge

Member #
    Liked
    48 times

Talk me off the edge

Our local Ram dealers are offering huge incentives on leftover 2018 2500 and 3500s. $12-15k sticker as a start. I love my truck, but the thought of the Cummins torque is enticing. I currently have an 2014 XLT with 90k and have been looking at the Laramies and my wife is getting a bit frustrated. My truck has been paid off for a few years now and as I said, I love my truck, but the thought of upgrading has me second guessing. Anyone else make the switch and regret it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    If you get the aisin trans for that price, don't look back.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If your needs involve “pulling” who could blame you? That said, I see each of the Big 3 offering substantial discounts on year old inventory in our neck of the woods and the types of discounts you mentioned are not uncommon. If you’re not in a hurry make your mind up to do what you are suggesting and rat hole the money you’d be making in payments over the next 12 months. This time next year you’ll see the same type of marketing/deals, have a larger down payment and a year newer vehicle. Just sayin’ never get in a hurry when buying a vehicle.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    My truck is a max tow crew 4x4, 6.5' bed, with a payload of 1805 lbs. Most 3/4 tons aren't much above that from what I've seen. 2400 on average. As for pulling, I pull a large dump trailer on occasion, but mostly I need the payload for work. The plan is to get a travel trailer in the next year or two so I'm also just planning ahead. Do I need it now? No. The deals are out there though.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Quote Originally Posted by billjc View Post
    ...The deals are out there though.

I guess that was my point. There will always be the next big deal. If you get an offer that you can’t refuse then of course you gotta jump.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    If your needs involve “pulling” who could blame you? That said, I see each of the Big 3 offering substantial discounts on year old inventory in our neck of the woods and the types of discounts you mentioned are not uncommon. If you’re not in a hurry make your mind up to do what you are suggesting and rat hole the money you’d be making in payments over the next 12 months. This time next year you’ll see the same type of marketing/deals, have a larger down payment and a year newer vehicle. Just sayin’ never get in a hurry when buying a vehicle.
    Oh I know. Took me 6 months to buy my current truck. I paid it off after 2 years and have had no payment the last 3. It's kind of nice. It's one of those situations where it's a nice to have not a need to have. I threw one dealer an offer and am waiting to hear back. With the 2020s coming out shortly, any 2018 on the lot, if any, will be 2 years old. Definitely not in a hurry on this one. I just like the way the previous generation Rams look vs the new ones.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If I weren’t a “Ford guy”, I’d look at a Ram. Still can’t get my head around the styling of GM’s products but the Dodges are nice.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ecoboost Veteran jibtechwarrior's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    If I weren’t a “Ford guy”, I’d look at a Ram. Still can’t get my head around the styling of GM’s products but the Dodges are nice.
    The sierra HD's are sex IMO. The Silverado front ends, though are not very nice.

ForceFed4g63 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yeah, I can’t get there.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jibtechwarrior View Post
    The sierra HD's are sex IMO. The Silverado front ends, though are not very nice.

It’s the other way for me. With the half tons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links