Order of Operations: What order did you do your mods?

This is a discussion on Order of Operations: What order did you do your mods? within the F150 Ecoboost Chat forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Ok "cool guys" with slick credit cards that did it all at once... good for you. In the words of Randy Moss, I'll be doing ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Order of Operations: What order did you do your mods?

Member #
    Liked
    281 times

Ok "cool guys" with slick credit cards that did it all at once... good for you.

In the words of Randy Moss, I'll be doing my mods with "STRAIGHT CASH HOMIE." Which means they will trickle in over the next couple years most likely.

That being said, in what order did you do your mods? Do you wish you would have done a different order? I've modded several trucks and SUVs before and would typically start with suspension/wheels/tires, but this being my first forced induction engine, I may do things differently this time. Might go breathing/engine specific mods first this time to see what she'll do power wise and what mpg it's capable of before I put on the heavy rollers.

Just wanting some opinions.

Plans thus far, and not necessarily in this order, but thinking about this order:

CAI
    DPs
    Exhaust
    Tune
    Suspension
    Wheels & Tires
    (many miscellaneous things that I haven't decided on yet)

Ready? Go.

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    Well depends on your goals. CAI and exhaust are more appearance/sound mods. You won't get much in performance. DP will help as well but nothing will improve things like a tune.

Me, I'm going to do everything at once but I'm buying it over time so I don't go in any specific order. If you are going to install as you receive them I would go tune, suspension, tires and wheels, and at the end cai dp.

Check out the *Official* NASCAR thread!
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7010
    Sprayer84, sstroud and Grim Reaper like this.
    2013 Sterling Gray FX4 157", Appearance Package, Max Tow, 402a, 36 Gallon Tank, 103k miles.
    Mods: S&B intake, FR resonated exhaust, X4 with LET and MPT tunes, auxiliary backup lights.
    In garage: 170* tstat, AEM meth injection, FR CAC ( black anodized, red tial bov, throttle body spacer, meth bung), AMP powered steps, billet badges, aeroforce gauges w/vent pods.

Member #
    Liked
    281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan1890 View Post
    Well depends on your goals. CAI and exhaust are more appearance/sound mods. You won't get much in performance. DP will help as well but nothing will improve things like a tune.

Me, I'm going to do everything at once but I'm buying it over time so I don't go in any specific order. If you are going to install as you receive them I would go tune, suspension, tires and wheels, and at the end cai dp.

Official Stage3 - LET - UPR Sponsored Fantasy Racing League
    It was my thinking that the CAI, DP, and cat back would be first and then have my tunes made to include those items, thus maximizing them. Tuning is the one area where I admittedly lack knowledge, as I have never tuned anything before. Researching as much as possible to learn.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    196 times

People put mods on credit cards?

Anyway, I picked up my exhaust, downpipe and intake yesterday. Hopefully be ordering my meth setup, tuner, tune and TB meth plate from LET next week. The next week I'll order my intercooler then I will install and tune it all at once. That way I get a better before/after feel. Then I'll move to a suspension lift, tires and stereo in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp.
    Last edited by Sprayer84; 10-22-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    I'd do suspension, tune, wheels and tires, exhaust, DPs and then the intake stuff but skipping the CAI. Ford did a good job on the intake but the turbo hot and cold pipes could use some help and TB could be a bit bigger once the other pipes are flowing more.
    2013 F-150 Ecoboost Lariat Crew Cab 6.5' bed, 4X4 3.73 gears and Fox shox on all four corners, Stainless works catback, Airaid CAI and 5 Star perf/tow tune. November 2014 truck of the month
    Build Thread. https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/10...-predator.html

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1263 times
    As raider said, CAI and catback exhausts are mostly "show" parts and not "go" parts. You'll see minimal, if any, gains.

All the tuning companies that I'm aware of will modify a custom tune for free once it's purchased.
    Raiderfan1890 and HuntTruck like this.

Ecoboost Veteran Carolina_Boostin's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Did my level and now my window tint
    2012 XLT Ecoboost 4x4

Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntTruck View Post
    It was my thinking that the CAI, DP, and cat back would be first and then have my tunes made to include those items, thus maximizing them. Tuning is the one area where I admittedly lack knowledge, as I have never tuned anything before. Researching as much as possible to learn.
    Heck man, I'd save my money and just buy a tune. The fastest tune only guy on here is outrunning guys with meth and all the mods
    jasgrimpc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntTruck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc311 View Post
    As raider said, CAI and catback exhausts are mostly "show" parts and not "go" parts. You'll see minimal, if any, gains.

All the tuning companies that I'm aware of will modify a custom tune for free once it's purchased.
    This right here. Most if not all tuners will revise your tune free of charge to reflect your new mods.

https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7010
    2013 Sterling Gray FX4 157", Appearance Package, Max Tow, 402a, 36 Gallon Tank, 103k miles.
    Mods: S&B intake, FR resonated exhaust, X4 with LET and MPT tunes, auxiliary backup lights.
    In garage: 170* tstat, AEM meth injection, FR CAC ( black anodized, red tial bov, throttle body spacer, meth bung), AMP powered steps, billet badges, aeroforce gauges w/vent pods.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    I did the performance stuff first, the truck only has 1600 miles on it but my performance stuff is done. I'll do a leveling kit of some sort and bigger tires eventually.
    2014 XLT supercrew, 4X4, 5.5' bed, 302A equip package, 3.55 w/electric lock
    Afe stage 2 CAI | Afe charge pipe | Solo off road down pipe and Mach X dual outlet exhaust | SCT Livewire tuner W/5 Star tunes.
    Www.stage3motorsports.com
    2014 Suzuki Vstrom 1000

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links