Leasing question - Page 2

Leasing question

This is a discussion on Leasing question within the F150 Ecoboost Purchasing forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Mitchf150 Anyway, don't matter what a bunch of interweb goofs thinks...... Good luck! Mitch That's me! An interweb goof And it's true ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Leasing question

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3072 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchf150 View Post

Anyway, don't matter what a bunch of interweb goofs thinks......

Good luck!

Mitch
    That's me! An interweb goof

And it's true too. What I think can't actually matter that much.

But still, leasing would suck for anyone who thinks the oem-as-delivered F150 is an 80% finished product that is waiting for the owner to address the shortcomings.

I gotta buy it so I can finish it so I can enjoy it until it's a family members turn to wear it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    241 times
    If you’re having to make separate posts online about purchase price and then about leasing, are you barely scraping into the new truck? Why not just keep your low mileage 2016?

I hate to tell people how to run their lives, but my gosh it’s lovely having no car payment. I’m fortunate to have lost the “new car every 2-3 years” syndrome by my late 20’s. But, hey, it’s your life and your money.
    Last edited by Mulyhuntr; 04-03-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I'm definitely not scraping by! Im just trying to figure out the best route to go. Yes, I can keep my 2016 truck, which is in Perfect condition, but I like a new truck every 3 years. Im just trying to get inputs and opinions

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Leases are not that bad...you pay a little more but you get a new truck every 2 or 3 years and you shouldn't buy any brakes or tires. I've done them all buying worn out cars,new and leases. My 65 year old father decided after years of the same thing wrenching on them to go with a lease.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    snakebitten likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3072 times
    I'd be a perfect candidate for leasing if they came with Bilsteins, 35's, Audiophile entertainment, Lariat Sport grills, and 400+ HP, and 15,000 miles per year.

But they don't. So I'd be driving it every day tortured by not being able to address the OEM shortcomings.

An F150 is the most amazing canvas in all of the personal transportation world. But they come unfinished. Even the $65,000 examples.

Porsche makes a few vehicles that I could lease.

2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3573 times
    I usually spend 10 years or so in a vehicle, and like having no payments for a period of time, so I'd be a terrible candidate for a lease. I have 72,000 miles on my '16, so there's that factor too. We also had a pretty poor experience with my wife's last lease and it left a bad taste in my mouth for leases.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
    Last edited by mwemaxxowner; 04-20-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    I usually spend 10 years or so in a vehicle, and like having no payments for a period of time, so I'd be a terrible candidate for a lease. I have 72,000 miles on my '16, so there's that factor too. We also had a pretty poor experience with my wife's last lease and it left a bad taste in my mouth for leases.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
    Ya true...but when your getting another one the wave a lot a things wrong with the vehicles. Leases are a pain for that when you want to walk away and go to another manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3573 times
    When my wife leased the car, she told the sales lady that she drives X number of miles a year, and she would definitely go over on the miles. She'd never leased before and wanted to know if that would be a problem. The sales lady said, and I quote, "No, not if you turn it back in here, and buy something else from us. They let that slide."

Turned out to be a total crock of crap. The sales lady used my wife to get some numbers that day. When she turned the car in we were hit for over 4,000 dollars that were tacked on to the next car, so we are currently very upside down on it . We weren't married when she got the leased car. I was there but had no say, and with the last one I wasn't there. She's banned from purchasing any more vehicles on her own. Lol.

She should have gotten something in writing, or not believed that junk.

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

Member #
    Liked
    207 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    She's banned from purchasing any more vehicles on her own. Lol.
    I love my wife, but she and I both know that women are just targets for scummy sales-droids. Her last vehicle, she was present for the test drive, and she and I picked out the options. Then I handled all of the purchasing. Best way to go.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3072 times
    My guy, the fella I bought from for about 15 years, LOVED Brenda. She was always bringing him banana nut bread she made herself and also overseeing his health issues. (he had heart issues and high blood pressure, she was a cardiac research nurse)

Richard would give Brenda a better "deal" than he'd give me. And he had no problem rubbing that fact in to me.

Of course, that was win win for me. Why would I object? Lol

Richard passed away in his driveway one day while loading up his Excursion to go to Daytona for the 500. He never missed it.

And most of you fellas know about Brenda. I lost her 5 years ago today. (Easter Sunday April 20th 2014)

It's a bitter sweet weekend obviously. But those two working a deal is actually cherished memories. It was a hoot to watch.

Blown F-150 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links