Ripped Up and Rolled On V2 - Page 23

Ripped Up and Rolled On V2

This is a discussion on Ripped Up and Rolled On V2 within the F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Elmore328 Constantly gaining knowledgeable members too! @ admin Some stats to consider. .Net has over 71,000 members now. Typically, there are around ...

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: Ripped Up and Rolled On V2

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmore328 View Post
    Constantly gaining knowledgeable members too!
    @admin

Some stats to consider. .Net has over 71,000 members now. Typically, there are around 300-400 people visiting this site.

Of those, 30-40 are members and the rest guests. That's not a lot of traffic. There was more activity back in 2014-2016.

I would love to know, how many of those 71,000 members, haven't posted or visited this site in over 1 year. And let's only consider members with more than 100 posts.

@Elmore328 says we are gaining members? I would rather bring back who we've lost.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    @admin

Some stats to consider. .Net has over 71,000 members now. Typically, there are around 300-400 people visiting this site.

Of those, 30-40 are members and the rest guests. That's not a lot of traffic. There was more activity back in 2014-2016.

I would love to know, how many of those 71,000 members, haven't posted or visited this site in over 1 year. And let's only consider members with more than 100 posts.

@Elmore328 says we are gaining members? I would rather bring back who we've lost.
    That's not a real fair or accurate gauge though. The first F150 appeared for the 1975 model year. That is 44 YEARS worth of F150's that can easily be represented by members on F150forum.com
    Yet the oldest F150 with an Ecoboost engine is 2011- therefore the Ecoboost F150 platform is only 8 model years old. So there is no doubt that this forum is considerably smaller and quite possibly considered a niche forum for the F150.
    And it really has no bearing that "members are leaving this forum" as the more accurate explanation is that all forums, in general, are losing out to @milesej05 millennials and their preferred use of social media. Sadly, forums are starting to fade away.

But if you really want to bring back past members, I can send out an invite to Elkhart.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    987 times
    I think the thread is in the wrong part of the forum, but is here in a attempt to share good info.

TX has always come off as arrogant and entitled. Just need to see past it.

It's that he is always leaning on his "experience", when clearly tuning and the platform have progresses (even for us old Gen1 guys).
    milesej05 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3532 times
    Every forum I've ever been in has some sort of off topic "hangout" type section where stuff like this goes. We don't .

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3133 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
    Every forum I've ever been in has some sort of off topic "hangout" type section where stuff like this goes. We don't .

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
    If we had a section like that, then it would essentially eliminate any of our EPIC thread derailments.....AND WE CAN'T HAVE NONE OF THAT!!!!!
    snakebitten and Boostking like this.
    -Clark

2013 Ingot Silver SuperCrew XLT - Texas Edition, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.31 e-locker, AEM drop-in filter, Self-fabricated grill insert, AVS low-profile vent shades, Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/70/18, BakFlip G2 tri-fold bed cover

Member #
    Liked
    2322 times
    But if you really want to bring back past members, I can send out an invite to Elkhart.
    He was one of the first people I got to put on "IGNORE". So he never really bothered me.

No, I am talking about guys like Vozaday, scap99, Strawshonobi, Ducatti20, fastenova, Nasty Wendy, just to name a few of the original guys who were really experimenting with the platform back in the early days of this Forum. New parts constantly being offered. It was fun and exciting times.

Now, it's basically - Gen 2 3.5? Get it tuned and MAYBE add an Intercooler. Not very exciting, doesn't attract members.

Yes @RMB_Ryan is still here (thank G*d), and we are so lucky to have @Boostking. I personally am watching @Blown F-150 build. It's probably the most exciting build currently going on (for those that don't know). As well a @WooBoost.

And even @TX-Ripper 's build (while not an Ecoboost) is fun to watch and read about. Hell, his build got all of you reading his Thread.

Hopefully, the new Ranger members will be welcome here. I think a number of guys with F150 Ecoboosts are looking at the new Ranger. Hopefully RMB_Ryan.

Unfortunately, the Ecoboost Ranger is going to sound even more "Ricey" than our V6s.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 04-17-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2885 times
    If we had a section like that, then it would essentially eliminate any of our EPIC thread derailments.....AND WE CAN'T HAVE NONE OF THAT!!!!!
    I plead guilty.

Someone mentioned "niche" forum and I kinda like that. There are some HUGE forums if you need them, but this one is a little easier to not get lost in.

I do wish I had gotten here earlier and maybe gotten to know some of the fellas Grim referred to, but I'm glad HE is still here.

I do see what he's saying about the Gen2 not getting much build noise here. I'm not sure why the Gen2 doesn't have the build traffic that the Gen1 did?

I kind of feel guilty for starting off with an all out Gen2 build and then suddenly leaving everyone hanging. But it's not really anything I can do much about.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    miniceptor86 likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    2322 times
    @snakebitten don't get me wrong. I don't hang out at F150Forum because it is SO widely spread (and there was the stupid V8 vs Ecoboost battles).

Back in 2013, when I bought my Ecoboost, I HAD TO KNOW how to make more power. I found F150Forum had fewer Ecoboosts than .Net the time, and why I devoted my time on .Net instead of F150Forum. .Net was the "place to be" if you wanted to meet fellow Ecoboost enthusiasts, trying to figure out how to make more power. It was FUN TIMES!

The problem with the Gen 2s, there doesn't seem to be the willingness to build it like initially there were for the Gen 1s. Even though the Gen 2 appears to be a better place to start a build (there I said it). For some reason, the Aftermarket hasn't embraced the Gen 2s like they did the Gen 1s.

BUT, it seems the only builds happening are a few Gen 1s, like @Blown F-150 and @WooBoost. And that Lone V8 Rebel, Wile E Coyote aka @TX-Ripper.
    snakebitten and Blown F-150 like this.
    Bolt-ons Installed:

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2885 times
    All makes sense Grim. Like I said, I wish I'd have been around for some of that Gen1 action.

I promise I have a pretty stout Gen2 build.
    Including the headwork and fueling upgrades that are now available.

But the Gen2 Turbo decisions are still in the waiting. Or put it this way..... There's no "GT" for the Gen2 yet.

But it's still early Gen2. What year did the GT's become available for Gen1? Technically speaking, we are barely at "2013", in comparison

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Grim Reaper likes this.
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3532 times
    Then maybe we can relax a little bit about a thread that's only questionably on topic, as long as the minions are okay with it?

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links