Ripped Up and Rolled On V2 - Page 24

Ripped Up and Rolled On V2

This is a discussion on Ripped Up and Rolled On V2 within the F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Grim Reaper @ snakebitten don't get me wrong. I don't hang out at F150Forum because it is SO widely spread (and there ...

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Ripped Up and Rolled On V2

Gold Supporting Member sleipnir's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    @snakebitten don't get me wrong. I don't hang out at F150Forum because it is SO widely spread (and there was the stupid V8 vs Ecoboost battles).

Back in 2013, when I bought my Ecoboost, I HAD TO KNOW how to make more power. I found F150Forum had fewer Ecoboosts than .Net the time, and why I devoted my time on .Net instead of F150Forum. .Net was the "place to be" if you wanted to meet fellow Ecoboost enthusiasts, trying to figure out how to make more power. It was FUN TIMES!

The problem with the Gen 2s, there doesn't seem to be the willingness to build it like initially there were for the Gen 1s. Even though the Gen 2 appears to be a better place to start a build (there I said it). For some reason, the Aftermarket hasn't embraced the Gen 2s like they did the Gen 1s.

BUT, it seems the only builds happening are a few Gen 1s, like @Blown F-150 and @WooBoost. And that Lone V8 Rebel, Wile E Coyote aka @TX-Ripper.
    I would like to throw my hat in for a Gen 1 contender build 😄 I don't have much activity right now because the heads are getting a pocket port and we're waiting for the pistons to be coated but then the motor should be together and shipped to Jerry's for final assembly!
    Blown F-150 and TX-Ripper like this.
    2012 4x4 Lariat 3.5 || 3.73 with e-locker || Full Race Turbos || Full Race Downpipes || CRP Manifolds || AFE Stage II Intake || AFE Charge Pipe || CPE Intercooler || Tubrosmart BOV || Retrofit Headlights || Tifosi Performance Special Touch || "Secret Sauce" Tuned || MSD Blaster Coil || Racho RS9000XL Rear Shocks || Fox 2.0 Coilovers || Morimoto LED Fogs || More to come

Prisoner of the other ........... 39% minority
    Member #
    Liked
    2322 times
    @sleipnir my bad for not mentioning you in the CURRENT Gen1 build. I am looking forward to when you get it breathing. And once your tune is optimized, your dyno results. I like seeing the shape of TQ curves. I have fondness for Nebraska Flat that goes off forever into the distance ...

I assume the current parts in your signature will soon need updating.
    2013 F-150 4x4 Supercab 145"WB Ecoboost XLT, Group 302A, XTR Trailer Package, E-Lock 3.55s ...
    Bolt-ons Installed:
    Banks CAI, Wagner CAC, Full Race Catted Downpipes, Custom 3" exhaust w/3" Flowmaster dBX Muffler
    Tuned by Torrie McPhail at www.unleashedtuning.com 91+ Octane 535 RWTQ @ 2750 / 372 RWHP @ 4900 - (Mustang Dyno)
    Mods (Waiting): Mishimoto Hardpipes, Tifosi Ported & Ceramic Coated Exhaust Manifolds, Full Race GT Turbos & SPD Ported Adapters

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    2868 times
    True that!

Sleipner's build got dissed. Lol

Sorry about that bud.

Edit: Grim fell on his sword while I was typing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Gold Supporting Member Blown F-150's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sleipnir View Post
    I would like to throw my hat in for a Gen 1 contender build 😄 I don't have much activity right now because the heads are getting a pocket port and we're waiting for the pistons to be coated but then the motor should be together and shipped to Jerry's for final assembly!
    Hell ya! I’m looking forward to you getting it fired back up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TX-Ripper likes this.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    @sleipnir my bad for not mentioning you in the CURRENT Gen1 build. I am looking forward to when you get it breathing. And once your tune is optimized, your dyno results. I like seeing the shape of TQ curves. I have fondness for Nebraska Flat that goes off forever into the distance ...

I assume the current parts in your signature will soon need updating.
    I'm just messing with you 😄 I will though upload some graphs once Boostking and I optimize the tune.
    TX-Ripper likes this.
    2012 4x4 Lariat 3.5 || 3.73 with e-locker || Full Race Turbos || Full Race Downpipes || CRP Manifolds || AFE Stage II Intake || AFE Charge Pipe || CPE Intercooler || Tubrosmart BOV || Retrofit Headlights || Tifosi Performance Special Touch || "Secret Sauce" Tuned || MSD Blaster Coil || Racho RS9000XL Rear Shocks || Fox 2.0 Coilovers || Morimoto LED Fogs || More to come

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown F-150 View Post

Hell ya! I’m looking forward to you getting it fired back up!
    Thank you sir! I hope I can meet TX so I can see how this truck holds up to his! I'll be getting that new trans sooner or later

Gold Supporting Member TX-Ripper's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1027 times
    I’m glad some of you enjoyed it.

Never been called entitled or snarky before.

I enjoyed the build and thought the videos came out good.

How much more engine horsepower would you guess it’s making to put out 754 rear wheel horsepower and 616 rear wheel torque?

Last edited by TX-Ripper; 04-18-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    Envious likes this.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes
    Link to my YouTube Channel - Dyno videos, Racing ect: https://shorturl.at/epIMY
    Link to my Build Thread: https://shorturl.at/cdqtE

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1027 times
    If it is around a 15% drive line loss, it would be around 888 engine horsepower.

That a weird number.

I don't think its 18%, but that would be 920 engine horsepower.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Something else that's note worthy of is I'm running 50% di 50% port fueling to keep the hpfp from dropping with the volume of fuel e85 and the demand of this much air.

I've seen it posted on here before that say you cant just slap larger port injectors into and ecoboost due to the high compression, but I'm running 12:1.

Octane is Octane, it doesn't care how it gets there. Direct injected or sprayed into the intake...
    Last edited by TX-Ripper; 04-18-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Envious likes this.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current: 2018 F150 5.0 4x4 Platinum Screw 3.31 Gears Whipple Supercharged 754rwhp 616rwtq : Remote Dyno Tuned with HPtuners by Palm Beach Dyno
    Sold: 2016 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Screw Platinum 3.55 Full-Race GT Turbos, Intercooler, Downpipes

Member #
    Liked
    1142 times
    I agree you can just add port injectors too, however DI is better for fuel control, burning and emissions. If it was strictly only DI, it would make slightly better power I am assuming.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    1027 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WooBoost View Post
    I agree you can just add port injectors too, however DI is better for fuel control, burning and emissions. If it was strictly only DI, it would make slightly better power I am assuming.
    Di only allows for higher cylinder pressure with lesser octane fuel.

My truck would not make any more power from di as I’m already at MBT with e85.
    Last edited by TX-Ripper; 04-18-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Sponsored Links