2019 Ram 1500 Classic - Page 2

2019 Ram 1500 Classic

This is a discussion on 2019 Ram 1500 Classic within the F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Originally Posted by Purefection Banned Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk 2016 2.7 4x4 screw...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 2019 Ram 1500 Classic

  1. #11
    Super Moderator mwemaxxowner's Avatar
    Gold Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,044
    Member #
    15410
    Liked
    3532 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Purefection View Post
    Banned

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk


    2016 2.7 4x4 screw

  2. #12
    Ecoboost Regular Bubbabiker's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    171
    Member #
    63018
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Purefection View Post
    Banned

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    And I probably wouldn't be dealing with a leaky oil pan and blowing blue smoke from a cold soak startup. LOL
    snakebitten and Kinguni like this.
    2016 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 2.7L

  3. #13
    Ecoboost Regular LIEco's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    221
    Member #
    6209
    Liked
    53 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbabiker View Post
    And I probably wouldn't be dealing with a leaky oil pan and blowing blue smoke from a cold soak startup. LOL
    Grass is always greener I've found. A buddy of mine with a leased 2014 RAM, had rust issues with his on the tailgate at ~2 year mark - He is now leasing an 5.0L F150. In addition, a neighbor of mine told us "we did the right thing with getting our Ford" as he's been to the dealer numerous times on his 2012 with a lot of out of pocket expense with engine issues.
    2014 F150 Lariat Ecoboost CC Max Tow Blue Jeans 4x4 Offroad
    Bak Roll-x, Ford Sportliner by Bedrug, Hellwig rear sway bar

  4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Ecoboost Regular Bubbabiker's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    171
    Member #
    63018
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LIEco View Post
    Grass is always greener I've found. A buddy of mine with a leased 2014 RAM, had rust issues with his on the tailgate at ~2 year mark - He is now leasing an 5.0L F150. In addition, a neighbor of mine told us "we did the right thing with getting our Ford" as he's been to the dealer numerous times on his 2012 with a lot of out of pocket expense with engine issues.
    Hopefully it's not a 2018 to early 2019 5.0L because Ford is having issues with the plasma arc spray liners. Having high oil consumption issues. One member on another forum is already on his third engine.
    2016 F-150 SuperCrew FX4 2.7L

  6. #15
    Ecoboost Regular SuperDave23's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    170
    Member #
    40369
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
    Suspension: Overall I was pretty impressed with the truck. The suspension definitely rides better than any stock F150 I have been in and was probably as good, if not slightly better, than my truck with Bilstein 5100's. It was very controlled with little body roll or "chattering" when you hit bumps. It never got upset on mid-corner bumps like the F150 seems too.
    We run a fleet of these things at work. When new the coil spring rear suspension is great. But as it wears it gets very "loose" and mid-corner bumps will send the back end all over the place. The truck I drive frequently has 120k miles on it and probably needs both the front and rear end rebuilt.

    Also, when you load them down heavy they get really squirrely and the back end likes to dance around. Never weighed them, but this is with the back end squatting to just about parallel, maybe just a little past so I doubt we are over payload.

    Great truck for if you never use it as a truck. I tow and haul regularly so that's why I drive a Ford.
    Last edited by SuperDave23; 05-15-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    winchested, meaz93, Mr B and 2 others like this.
    Dave
    2013 F150 4x4 EB
    2005 F250 4x4 6.0 Sold
    2002 F150 4x4 5.4 Sold

  7. #16
    Eco-Beast noodles's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,847
    Member #
    2745
    Liked
    1713 times
    There are at least 3 reasons that Ram is building the classic...
    1- The tooling has been paid for a long time ago (lots of profit),
    2- The sales numbers would take a huge dive due to pricing of the new model.
    3- Ram wants to surpass GM in sales numbers.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.


  8. #17
    Eco-Beast mass-hole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    2,948
    Member #
    8316
    Liked
    1016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave23 View Post
    We run a fleet of these things at work. When new the coil spring rear suspension is great. But as it wears it gets very "loose" and mid-corner bumps will send the back end all over the place. The truck I drive frequently has 120k miles on it and probably needs both the front and rear end rebuilt.

    Also, when you load them down heavy they get really squirrely and the back end likes to dance around. Never weighed them, but this is with the back end squatting to just about parallel, maybe just a little past so I doubt we are over payload.

    Great truck for if you never use it as a truck. I tow and haul regularly so that's why I drive a Ford.
    I would agree that its a great truck if you never wanted to use it as a truck.
    2014 Lariat Screw, 157", Max Tow, 502A - Gearhead Tuned, AFE Intercooler, RX Catch Can, Bilstein 5100(.8" level), AirLift RideControl bags, 275/60R20 Wrangler Duratracs

    2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel) - GDE Tune, Straight piped, AFE filter, 2.5" Lift, ARB bumper

  9. #18
    Ecoboost Pro duck9191's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Port Huron, Michigan
    Posts
    562
    Member #
    38609
    Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    There are at least 3 reasons that Ram is building the classic...
    1- The tooling has been paid for a long time ago (lots of profit),
    2- The sales numbers would take a huge dive due to pricing of the new model.
    3- Ram wants to surpass GM in sales numbers.
    yep, a buddy that works for FCA said that they would continue to run them side by side until demand shifts, killing off the classic now would be the end of FCA. That line is still making them money so why not.


    My other buddy who works at the dealership i bought my truck from normally takes it in for me when i have issues since its an hour trip. Well he's a ram guy, and a dick so every time he takes it he leaves me with a ram. I don't mind them, hemi has good power if you get into it, trans shift a whole hell of a lot smoother than my ten speed and the interior is fine. I don't really notice the suspension being any better, could be because our roads are so bad that nothing feels "good."

    Payload kills it for me though, i would never be able to pull my camper.
    2017 Supercrew 6.5' 4x4 3.5EB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FLT Review of Ram 1500 Pursuit Hemi
    By ford4thot in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 12:36 AM
  2. I come seeking help (seriously) - about to purchase a Ram 1500 ED
    By jeffjcalweb in forum F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
  3. 2014 Ram 1500 diesel
    By STdan in forum F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-23-2014, 01:28 PM
  4. Trade Ram 1500 for EcoBoost?
    By Gebrown in forum F150 Ecoboost Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 05:42 PM
  5. 2014 Ram 1500 Diesel has 9,200-pound tow rating
    By STdan in forum F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Connect with us: F150 Ecoboost Forum on Twitter F150 Ecoboost Forum on Facebook F150 Ecoboost Forum RSS Feed
Find us on Google+