Scotty Kilmer vs. Ecoboost

This is a discussion on Scotty Kilmer vs. Ecoboost within the F150 Ecoboost vs The Competition forums, part of the F150 Ecoboost Forum category; Don't know if any boosters out there watch the Scotty Kilmer channel on YouTube; apparently, we've all bought the wrong truck! I find a lot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Scotty Kilmer vs. Ecoboost

Ecoboost Sr Member stereotype one's Avatar

Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Don't know if any boosters out there watch the Scotty Kilmer channel on YouTube; apparently, we've all bought the wrong truck!

I find a lot of his videos to be informative, but I respectfully disagree with his assessment of the Ecoboost platform.
    Last edited by stereotype one; 05-14-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    140 times
    Over a million owners and 65%+ of new buyers disagree. Scotty is good for a laugh, but not much else.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...d-f150-lineup/
    Last edited by TCP2; 05-14-2019 at 07:05 AM.
    GearHead_1 likes this.
    -2016 XLT (XTR) 3.5 ecoboost supercrew 6.5' box, max tow, line-x, Bakflip MX4, Firestone ride-rite airbags, Vantech Rack, Alpine PWE-S8 Sub.
    -2019 Open Range UT2504BH.

-Sold: 2009 XLT (XTR pkg) supercrew 5.4l 6sp 6.5ft bed. 131k miles, Rider Topper, Ride Rite airbags, Ford well liners, 5Star custom Tune.
    -Sold: 2010 Funfinder 189FDS
    -Sold: 2005 R-Vision Bantam Flyer F18 Hybrid

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Watched the video. He said "It could have problems" and "They will cost you a lot of money when they break, cuz they will"
    Sounds like a poor attempt at Chevy commercial again lol.
    2013 FX4 - Black Betty
    Boostking Tuned

4. Remove Advertisements
    F150EcoBoost.net
    Advertisements

Jon

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I saw the same video as I do regularly watch his videos. I believe he is wrong with this one. Lots of ecobosst trucks going the distance.

Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TCP2 View Post
    Over a million owners and 65%+ of new buyers disagree. Scotty is good for a laugh, but not much else.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...d-f150-lineup/
    He's not even good for that. His nails-on-chalkboard voice just ruins any attempt at humor for me.

Member #
    Liked
    883 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I saw the same video as I do regularly watch his videos. I believe he is wrong with this one. Lots of ecobosst trucks going the distance.
    I think he is kind of right. These trucks do have a lot of stuff going on but isn’t that how technology is these days. Sometimes you got to update things. Someone has to step up to that challenge. I do agree with you that we are seeing lots more of these truck going the distance.
    You miss spelled Ecoboost and it made me think.
    EcoBoss would be a good name for the H.O. Motor.
    snakebitten and ricoli01 like this.

Gold Supporting Member snakebitten's Avatar
    Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3059 times
    I didn't watch the video. (I gathered enough based on the responses)

But I will agree 100% that as fantastic as these motors are when they are performing within design parameters, those parameters are relying on an incredibly complex number of systems to be in harmony.

It does seem to be more frequent though that folks will report a happy long-term and relatively trouble free Ecoboost ownership. And it rarely, if ever, is attributed to pampering. In fact, often the opposite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 KingRanch Kingsville Edition- Gen2 3.5 - Runs SO good on Factory tunes. Simply amazing. Good Job Ford

Member #
    Liked
    1734 times
    Scotty Kilmer is annoying.
    ricoli01 and GearHead_1 like this.
    13 SuperCrew Ruby Red 302A, 4x4 6.5 box, 3.31, Roush 22's. Twin catch cans, "leveled" with Bilsteins (-2 front, -3 rear), AirLift, SCT. Other's may have displacement on demand... I have an endless supply of torque at my right foot's demand.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Kilmer comes off like the kinda guy that always has an issue with how you do something. That his way "is always better". I can't stand people like this who are always trying to make themselves feel better by putting down the methods and choices of others.

If he were better at his craft, he would frame the conversation about the pros and cons, rather than assume that people don't want to spend money on their cars. I have spent more on my Ford than any other car I have owned, true, but I also get a grin everytime I drive it. So the whole premise of the video is that cars you have to spend more money on should be avoided. By that logic who would ever buy a Mercedes, Maclaren, Bugatti, Ferarri, Lamborghini, etc. I can guarantee you those people enjoy their vehicle much more than those that could only buy a Corolla.

I think the video misses the point and should be titled, "Cars you should avoid if you want a poor driving experience".
    snakebitten likes this.
    2012 SCREW Eco FX4 Tuxedo Black, Fully loaded, Max Tow, 3.73 rear.
    ARE Z-Series topper w/Yakima rack, Bilstein 5100's, StopTech Sport brakes, BFG T/A KO2 on stock rims, RXP Catch can w/UPR check valves, FR Gen 2 Radiator, Saudi Trans cooler, CR Performance Engineering exhaust manifolds, Firestone Air bags.

Gold Member

Member #
    Liked
    3289 times
    Who TF is this dude? Is he a member here...I would love to hit the banhammer on him for S&G's
    2018 Magnetic Metallic 2.7 Ecoboost XLT Sport
    2013 Oxford White EcoBoost FX4 - Gone

Quote Originally Posted by noodles
    Sometimes, a fool should trust what the wise say, instead of coming out yelling Totally Not True... because you couldn't find it on google. The wise usually know what they are talking about, because of either hands on experience, or maybe they've just been around long enough to know what's what.

Check out the following threads for most of the questions regarding the F150 Ecoboost:
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...11-2014-a.html
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/6...ts-2015-a.html

New Members, please read through this thread for all the Rules for .Net
    https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/3...uidelines.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links