F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install another app for reading these forums. Tapa talk later.
Just read someone’s post about no exhaust and was wondering something. The 3.5 I have has 3” from the cat back. Believe 3” in as well. And 2.5” at resonator. I deleted the muffler some time ago. Wasn’t too bad on noise. The. Deleted resonator so I could be 3” completely. A bit throatier. Been running fine.
Today finally got my SCT 4 working with my truck. Doing some logging. Knowing that my exhaust is a bit more open and unrestricted my next step is intake. Guy done my way has an AFR I can get pretty cheap. Anybody have any experience with that product? Do’s and don’ts?
Lastly. Would love to Dyno the truck. I’ll look up somewhere local. But has anyone ever used one of those analog to Bluetooth solutions and an app to log any data? I imaging the numbers maybe off a bit.
Okay. Going to instal tap a talk now.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I need to install another app for reading these forums. Tapa talk later.
Just read someone’s post about no exhaust and was wondering something. The 3.5 I have has 3” from the cat back. Believe 3” in as well. And 2.5” at resonator. I deleted the muffler some time ago. Wasn’t too bad on noise. The. Deleted resonator so I could be 3” completely. A bit throatier. Been running fine.
Today finally got my SCT 4 working with my truck. Doing some logging. Knowing that my exhaust is a bit more open and unrestricted my next step is intake. Guy done my way has an AFR I can get pretty cheap. Anybody have any experience with that product? Do’s and don’ts?
Lastly. Would love to Dyno the truck. I’ll look up somewhere local. But has anyone ever used one of those analog to Bluetooth solutions and an app to log any data? I imaging the numbers maybe off a bit.
Okay. Going to instal tap a talk now.
The exhaust system is 2.5" on the stock down pipes to the Y. The exit of the Y is 2.5" and 2.5" from the Y to the Resonsator to the Muffler (and inside the Muffler).

It's only 3" from the Muffler exit to the tail pipe.

Reactions: f4milytime

·
Registered
2013 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The exhaust system is 2.5" on the stock down pipes to the Y. The exit of the Y is 2.5" and 2.5" from the Y to the Resonsator to the Muffler (and inside the Muffler).

It's only 3" from the Muffler exit to the tail pipe.
Hmmmm. I’ll look again. Could of sworn was 2.5 to the cat. Then 3” out all the way. The old muffler was 3” in n out. We put 3”in from bottom of y pipe to cat where the resonator was. And 3” the rest of the way with no muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Ive owned 2 afe products now. One was my first intercooler for my F150 and my other is a cold air intake I bought for my GX. Both were overpriced and disappointing. I likely wont buy their stuff again.

I would go with S&B or Banks for an intake. I picked up new in Box S&B on Ebay for $200 and it is a very nice unit. I know for a fact that it improved flow and pressure because i have datalogged the inlet pressure sensor that sits in the intake near the air box.

That said, the intake will not improve power unless your turbos are maxed. If they are not maxed then the intake wont actually increase flow.

Reactions: 1Dezertrat
1 - 4 of 4 Posts