F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this on my g35, I'm doing it on my truck next. I think it would be an awesome safety feature. Wanted to see what everyone though about it?

I got a night vision camera for a 99-03 Cadillac Deville, mount the 5" monitor, and install the camera behind the grill. Installation was easy, took about an hour. Just have to connect the camera and the 5" lcd to the battery through a switch.

Here is a video of the finished install: trydeal.com/nightvision/index.html http://trydeal.com/nightvision/

How it looks in the Cady
trydeal 007licenseplate trydeal.com 007licenseplate.com hide license plate licence flip 007 hide plate full car back exhaust header head heads straight ecu ecm intake rims wheels bearing nos manifold cam cams cd cold air suspension springs lower coilover racing speed trans carbon fiber hood spoiler shifter shift short seats tires muffler seat twin turbo supercharger kit hid blower boost psi awd fwd lsd hp mod torque dyno intercooler roll cage jdm vtec swap ford f150 diesel f250 f350 lift lifted cab bed full

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wasn't able to watch the video (I'm at work right now, getting ready for a baseball tournament and our web filters don't allow youtube) but I've seen that tech advertised before and am very interested in it. How much does it cost to get one of those cameras and how well do they work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the cameras are pretty expensive on ebay, $800-1200 but I was lucky enough to find a guy parting out a 01 Deville locally that had the camera so I only paid $300. Then you need a LCD monitor, I got a cheap 5" one off ebay for $25. I kinda wish I got the 7" for $40 but I wasn't sure 7" one would fit in my center console. Works pretty well especially to see people and animals on the road as they make a lot of heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
myjdm
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing