F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got custom mpt 9 performance race tune and I could barely get low 7s and that was with advance trac on.
Someone on here said I should turn it off by holding the button for 7 seconds or what ever it is.
With it off I was In the 8s and at best mid 7s. Sometimes the wheels was spinning so I know that slowed me down but then I left the trac on in automatic and then I got 6.4 and 6.3
What is everyone's opinion on getting the lowest times?
Manual gear changing or automatic
Trac on or off ?
Holding the brake and revving it to 2000 etc..
?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
And leave in automatic

Family First

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on this for a 2WD truck? Just curious...same launch minus the 4hi?

Sent from my HAL9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Anyone have an opinion on this for a 2WD truck? Just curious...same launch minus the 4hi?

Go ahead and launch at 2wd at 2200 rpms lol

Sent From The Back of The Pack!

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Go ahead and launch at 2wd at 2200 rpms lol

I've done that and it's pretty good, little bit of tire spin with 305/55/20, not drag racing just curious if anyone has an opinion on the "sweet spot" just for general fun on the street.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I can't launch that high tires blow off.

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yeah my tires/wheels are fairly large and heavy...and my tune is pretty mild.

I also have 3.31 gears.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I do get spin tho...I guess it's just trial and error like most anything else....

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I have 3.15 with 20s....I should have the least amount of trouble.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Yeah I haven't paid much attention yet. I know I can fry the rear tires if I want to...just haven't given a lot of thought to take note of where the tach is at the time. I just saw this thread and figured I would ask...

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
On the street I rather keep traction control on and do brake to gas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just spent the last 4 hours looking for my 4h button...
I still can't find it..

2011 f150 2wd. .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took my advance trac off and pulled out onto a busy highway by disney and in manual I went across a lane of traffic to make a left and got my truck sideways as I over took other cars waiting to get across the traffic...
Oh Iove this truck even more now I learnt about how to truly turn advance trac off..

·
Registered
674 Posts
You are smoking 6's across lanes of traffic? I knew that rev11 was what I was missing at the track yesterday lol.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I lose traction when i hit the throttle at 30mph.

Ive tried the boosted launch and it just roasts the tires, I usually hit the throttle about half way from a stop then put it to the floor.. Works great for me

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I get severe wheel hop with my max tow supercrew with 20s if I brake boost at all using either of my perf tunes.

Family First

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how an open diff with no clutches can spin both rear tires...my brain keeps telling me that it should be a peg-leg one strip wonder without the E-locker engaged

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how an open diff with no clutches can spin both rear tires...my brain keeps telling me that it should be a peg-leg one strip wonder without the E-locker engaged

Use to think the same, but i havent yet seen just 1 tire mark from my truck

1 - 20 of 28 Posts