F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 707 Posts

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, now that I'm back home from Asia for a few weeks I finally got to start on modding my '13 FX. Since I'm only home for a few weeks I'm just going after a few small mods until i get back from the next job. After that it's on!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire
Completely stock on the day I picked her up from the dealership.
Automotive exterior Vehicle Windshield Car Roof rack
5% tint all around the back and the windshield strip
15% on the front windows
:cool:

Full Recon LED upgrade
- smoked LED tails and third brake light
- interior LED lights
- LED license plate lights
- LED switchbacks
- LED puddle lamps
- LED mirror signals
- LED projector reverse lights
- LED mirror blinkers (smoked)
- LED puddle lamps

-Pro-comp 2.5" level (temporary until i get a lift)

Exterior
-AVS low-pro seamless vent shades
-Spray in bed-liner
-5% tint all around the back and the windshield strip
-15% on the front windows
-Mini Monster Hook

PICs coming soon...

Reactions: Tuffmag

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
- LED switchbacks (for some reason they don't work on '13 plus f150's. emailed recon for a solution.)
PICs coming soon...
I'm curious what they will tell you. Was thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

Please post about your install! Thinking about changing all my stuff out for Recon as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious what they will tell you. Was thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

Please post about your install! Thinking about changing all my stuff out for Recon as well.

The LED's are well worth it. I'll post some pics, but they look amazing and are bright as hell.
DDM tuning is much cheaper than Recon, but they don't offer a warranty like Recon does.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
The LED's are well worth it. I'll post some pics, but they look amazing and are bright as hell.
DDM tuning is much cheaper than Recon, but they don't offer a warranty like Recon does.
I know I want the LEDs. Was getting ready to pull the trigger until I saw your post on the switch backs. That was going to be my starting point. I run headlights all the time and I have the factory HIDs like you. Having the switch backs would have meant not running them all the time.

Reactions: rhendrix

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I want the LEDs. Was getting ready to pull the trigger until I saw your post on the switch backs. That was going to be my starting point. I run headlights all the time and I have the factory HIDs like you. Having the switch backs would have meant not running them all the time.

Recon responded to my email early this morning. They said that it sounds like a resistance issue, which made perfect sense once I got a hold of the wiring schematic for our trucks. Once I get a hold of two 6 ohm 50 watt resistors, I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That was one of the questions I thought about asking. I had to put them in my Fusion (previous ride) to stop the rapid blinking created by the LEDs.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was one of the questions I thought about asking. I had to put them in my Fusion (previous ride) to stop the rapid blinking created by the LEDs.

Yeah, but the rapid blink isn't the only problem caused by the lack of resistance. The blinkers begin to work in unison, and the switchbacks dim as if they are shorting out.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I never got a chance to add in the resistors for the switch backs. I'm Singapore bound this morning, and I'll be back in three months with a little mod money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sitting in the airport on a three hour layover, bored out of my mind looking at exhausts. I need some opinions on exhaust systems. I'm between the corsa single out and the afe 4". Any opinions?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vehicle Car Mitsubishi Family car Wheel Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat Luxury vehicle
got my rear head rest embroidered so far, and my front's will look like this once done.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, so i just ordered a few goodies from recon, ford, and Andy's Auto sport

Recon
50 watt resistors (to complete my switch backs)
2) led festoons (rear map lights)
2) led festoons (Puddle lamp upgrade)
LED smoked mirror blinkers

Ford

Fx4 appearance package emblems

Andy's

billet 9" antenna (black)
AVS seamless window vent shade's

I'll be ordering my stage4 eb package from Bill at stage3 Friday along with a few other goodies...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just ordered another goodie, Cabelas has Monster Hooks in the bargain cave online. I've got a new mini monster hook in black on its way. Barware Corkscrew

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Finally got the appearance emblems, billet shorty antenna, spray in bed liner, AVS seamless vent visors, and the monster hook. A few more days and my HID's and LED's will be in. My level is getting installed tomorrow, and the "stripper pole" will be removed. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive exterior

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well, I finished up the lights with the exception of my switchbacks (waiting on a new set since i gave mine to a buddy), and installed the front license plate delete kit. Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Wire Cable management Electrical supply Cable I forgot the heat shrink, and had to re wire it again. But, it shows the wires you need to splice into. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive exterior Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire This was a fairly intimidating mod, but it came out amazing. As long as you're gentle and follow Recon's instructions you won't have any issues. Great kit! Electronics Technology Electronic device Auto part Screw The puddle lamps were insanely easy and output much more light than the stock incandescent. definitely a mod everyone and their mother should do. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire The license plate delete cleans up the front end very nicely. I'm thinking about mounting a rigid 20" bar in the bumper gap once i get my new cac. Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Night Car Here's the new puddle lamps and mirror blinkers in action. The mirror blinkers don't come on with the running lights, only when the blinker is activated. It looks amazing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks awesome so far! I would like to do the puddle light and reverse light LED install. I take it you have to modify the stock puddle light housing to fit the LED? Or did you not have them initially? I have the tow mirrors with puddle lights so I don't know what's involved with swapping them to LED. What was the bulb you used for the reverse lights? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I did a short write up on the "puddle lamp" thread. It involves some cutting, but it's easy enough that anybody can do it. The light takes 31mm festoon bulbs. Thanks for taking a look at my truck, good luck, and let me know if you have anymore questions.

1 - 20 of 707 Posts