F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, time to get away from the snow and cold and head to Florida for the next couple months. Just took delivery of a new 14X7 tandem Legend Low Rider trailer (1800lbs) electric brakes to haul my HD Trike (approx. 1200 lbs plus related junk that comes with riding). Standard Level 3, 2 5/16 ball with receiver on the Ecobeast. 5 1/2' box SCREW Limited. Have SSI tow tune, CAI, MBRP 3.5 cat back.
I have 4 large totes full of "stuff" about 75lbs each, 4 sets of golf clubs, then luggage.
So I have the box of the truck available plus I still have room in the trailer. Weight capacity in the trailer is not an issue
My question is, is better fuel economy/performance gained by pulling (trailer) more weight or carrying (box of truck) more weight, or attempting to balance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would load the trailer more...primarily just to keep prying eyes away from my truck. As far as gas mileage I don't think it will matter much as the trailers wind resistance is going to be the bigger issue than adding the totes and other "stuff". I'm considering going with a Aluma TK1 to haul my H-D Tri-Glide since my topper gives me plenty of secured storage space...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts