F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to break in my 2017 3.5 EB 10 speed gently but am used to driving machines with a solid detent or dog leg in the shift pattern between Drive and lower gear sets - which means M in this case. The detente between D and M on this thing are not very distinct and I have sometimes (3 times, actually) started from a dead stop in park and shifted into what I thought was D and (gently) hit the gas only to find that I was actually in M and before I knew it I am pushing north of 5K rpm. Combination of good sound deadening (cab is really isolated from engine) and high torque coupled with low gear means that this happens in about one second. IMHO there is a design problem with this linkage because it should not be so easy to screw up. Put a dog leg or a more positive detent in this linkage so it isn't so easy to end up at the red line by accident. and say prayer for my rod bearings. This linkage needs work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've done the same thing twice. It doesn't even help to slap it into "D" since it takes a few seconds to up shift. It's going to be something to get used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts