F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what Ford says but what real life recommendations do you have for a 2014 4x4 with the 3.5 Ecoboost? I'm closing in on 100,000 miles and I have basically only done oil and filter changes on schedule. How about transmission/transfer case/differential fluids? U Joints, Coolant, turbos, suspension etc...? I don't tow anymore but I enjoy putting my foot in it on occasion.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Change trans filter, pan fluid, rear diff and t case at minmum. Fron diff if you have used 4x4 a lot. You will need a sucker for the front.

I would then change trans fluid again in 5 to 10 k after some fresh has flushed some more stuff out, keep same filter.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Added to the above the Dorman transmission pan with drain plug if you plan on keeping it for a while if they make one for that model (I think it's the same as the 2015 6 speed model, right?).
Wouldn't hurt to change coolant, just make sure to get the air out after filling.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Coolant, plugs, trans with new filter, rear end ( other component fluids if four wheel drive), brake fluid flush and enjoy. You should knock out 300,000 with no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts