F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the newer models(15 & 16) that ford added a air scoop in front of the air box. I love this idea and would like to do it to mine and thought i would ask and see if any one else has done it and could give me a direction before i just wing it.
13 F150 ecoboost 3.5 Lariat

·
Registered
601 Posts
I saw on the newer models(15 & 16) that ford added a air scoop in front of the air box. I love this idea and would like to do it to mine and thought i would ask and see if any one else has done it and could give me a direction before i just wing it.
13 F150 ecoboost 3.5 Lariat

I doubt it will fit because of the change in fenders and front end, Want a good idea that will get more cool air. Auto racers have used air ducting to brakes to cool them. with the grill up you could fab up something that ducts air from the front of the grill into the intake. the 03-07 6.0 superduties had this mod, it was called the zoodad mod as it allowed a direct path of cool air.

As long as its all sealed, you could theoretically make your own ram air setup. The best bet is that setup with a conical filter of some kind. (Cone filter means more surface area, less resistance, more power.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you hadn't heard of that before. i was debating about doing something similar. find a stock ram scoop and then drill the hole. im having a super hard time finding it though might have to do the hole housing the only thing about that is would have to figure out how to mount the coolant reservoir. i did get a air raid intake tube from a buddy and replaced the air filter with a AEM dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts