F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Damn, and normally I'm rolling with a buddy who I'm sure is over 300#s.
I'm screwed!

Good thing I'm tuned and intercooled.

Registered
Thanks for posting this up Teezy.

Registered
Was this meant for me? lol

Registered
Maybe you should have bought a lighter truck?!?!?!

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I don't like seeing people get down on what they run at the track. I see folks talking about what a 15 up ran and compare there 11-14 to them. Or get bummed out about what someone ran in a screw vs their CC LB.

Registered
Tell you one thing, I need the win the lottery so i can get a 2wd tremor to go full racetruck on. I know I could get one into the low tens with the right set up.

Registered
I weighed mine with a 1/4 tank, and it was around 4700#. For comparison, my '98 scab 4x4 ranger weighed 4300. Not bad considering the F150 is much larger , and has almost 3 times the hp.(tuned of course):cool:

Administrator
I weighed mine at about 5600 I believe with my toolbox and tools installed. But now I'm wondering if I have mixed that number up somehow in the time since. I'm gonna scale it again next week.

Registered
I checked my truck the very first time at the track - Total weight was 4780 and I weigh 170 - that is a single cab 16 2.7 F150 6.5 bed 1/4 tank of gas i.e. about 30lbs of gas - I know the scale is right because it was right before a NHRA event Mello Yellow - now I nosy because that is heavier that I saw above - will weigh again next time at track -

Registered
I checked my truck the very first time at the track - Total weight was 4780 and I weigh 170 - that is a single cab 16 2.7 F150 6.5 bed 1/4 tank of gas i.e. about 30lbs of gas - I know the scale is right because it was right before a NHRA event Mello Yellow - now I nosy because that is heavier that I saw above - will weigh again next time at track -
Take the listed weights with a grain of salt. "Advertised" or "curb" weight is about a accurate as advertised MPG, HP, Torque, Towing Capacity & Payload. Different manufacturer's determine weight using different methods and those weights won't include ANY options. Teezy's point is more related to comparing different trucks in relation to track speed than the listed weights being accurate for your particular truck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts