F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Tell you one thing, I need the win the lottery so i can get a 2wd tremor to go full racetruck on. I know I could get one into the low tens with the right set up.
Id have a different ecoboost plan

The 4,760 lbs was with me in the truck, with a half tank of gas full weight. I'm 200 lbs. This was on a cat scale.

View attachment 62337

Mine was 5340 with me 235lbs, full tank ad stiffler long bars.

5340lb
-40lb bars
-235lbs me
------------
5065lb

shows 5046lbs so Im close

I checked my truck the very first time at the track - Total weight was 4780 and I weigh 170 - that is a single cab 16 2.7 F150 6.5 bed 1/4 tank of gas i.e. about 30lbs of gas - I know the scale is right because it was right before a NHRA event Mello Yellow - now I nosy because that is heavier that I saw above - will weigh again next time at track -
We had a guy on F150 owners pages on FB with a 2wd 16 2.7 that was 4300lbs with him in it {170lb} and 1/4 tank of gas.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'd have one of those too, lol.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Take the listed weights with a grain of salt. "Advertised" or "curb" weight is about a accurate as advertised MPG, HP, Torque, Towing Capacity & Payload. Different manufacturer's determine weight using different methods and those weights won't include ANY options. Teezy's point is more related to comparing different trucks in relation to track speed than the listed weights being accurate for your particular truck.
WELL SAID SIR!

Most of the stuff I post is to get people see through some of the fog.

Its like 93 octane isn't 93 at every station. The quality is different from the different brand. Some will say why did his truck make more power then mine. Well if your 93 sucks then your sensor gets more knock and pulls more timing ie less power.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is an old post, but it's a sticky so i'll add my info as well.
2018 Crew Cab, 4wd, 3.5, Base XLT.
Weighed after taking scrap to the scrap yard, was 5220lbs.

5220 minus 170(me), 30(Bedliner), 80(Side Bars and Hitch Receiver), and I had two car seats and straps and hitch ball in the truck as well, so I'll say another 30lbs, gets me down to 4910lbs.

Factory states 4930lbs, so I'd say that's pretty accurate.

John

21 - 24 of 24 Posts