F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on thing my truck didn't have was navigation from the factory. Id like to get a nice LCD touchscreen system that works with my sync/hand controls. I dont want to break the bank with a $1000 head unit unless that's the only option.

Can anyone recomend a good bang for your buck system that looks good and has good function. I have tried reading some installs in the past, and get stuck on the whole Mastro thing. Some people use it, others don't. Im looking for mostly plug in play, although I can wire up or build a harness if necessary.

That current post about the 15-19 GUHead unit looks really nice.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
9,108 Posts
This looks nice?

Most everything you would want to know about this in an F150 is found on The Raptor forum in the Phoenix thread.

I don't wanna get in trouble with the Forum police, so if you want the link, just pm me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
There is no plug and play. crutchfield.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
The thing with those Phoenix “Tesla” style units is load time. Some take over a minute to load. But they are pretty.

I went with the Kenwood DMX1057. You have to get the maestro kit to get your climate control and steering wheel controls to work with it. Also, if you have a tuner, you have to install wires into the back of the obd2, they said it’s only 2 wires. If you do not have a tuner, or your tuner isn’t mounted for on demand, then the maestro plugs directly into the obd2.

It’s a pretty penny though. $2k OTD. The head unit itself is $1200. Maestro unit is $150 and maestro kit is $350. . Had some crypto funds to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2013 FX4 and just bought a Sync 3 upgrade kit on Amazon. It is listed at $700, but their was a $50 coupon when I bought it, although taxes brought it back to $700. Shipping took 2-3 weeks from China.

Got it installed yesterday in about an hour, everything was plug and play and has worked great so far. It has OEM navigation and Android/Apple Auto. Because it's a Ford system all of the HVAC and heated/cooled seats work. I sent them pic's of the Sync 2 setup that came with my truck and my VIN so they could pre-program it for my truck. The only "problem" is now there's a button for a heated steering wheel that my truck doesn't have.

They even included a USB to OBD2 connector so I can change the settings(turn the steering wheel button off) with Forscan, but I haven't had time to mess with that yet. The button is only on the home screen and I'm not there that often.

The red line at the bottom of my pic is a reflection of my USB cord.

So far, no regrets. Hope it stays that way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
It's really just plug and play ? Gotta do updates ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The seller on Amazon(bestycar, hope that doesn't break any rules) has a few different options, the one I bought said it has the latest maps and had a USB C adapter. I forgot to mention that the USB plug on your truck will have to be replaced, but they literally pop out.

I was a little hesitant spending that much from something over seas, but I contacted them before purchasing to ensure I was ordering the right part and they responded within a day.

I'm not sure how the maps can be updated, but my main concern was getting Android Auto. So far, the OEM navigation is about as nice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
I don't have Android.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
I'm considering it because I think I can then upgrade to Sync 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts