F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on thing my truck didn't have was navigation from the factory. Id like to get a nice LCD touchscreen system that works with my sync/hand controls. I dont want to break the bank with a $1000 head unit unless that's the only option.

Can anyone recomend a good bang for your buck system that looks good and has good function. I have tried reading some installs in the past, and get stuck on the whole Mastro thing. Some people use it, others don't. Im looking for mostly plug in play, although I can wire up or build a harness if necessary.

That current post about the 15-19 GUHead unit looks really nice.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
9,089 Posts
This looks nice?

Most everything you would want to know about this in an F150 is found on The Raptor forum in the Phoenix thread.

I don't wanna get in trouble with the Forum police, so if you want the link, just pm me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,967 Posts
There is no plug and play. crutchfield.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
The thing with those Phoenix “Tesla” style units is load time. Some take over a minute to load. But they are pretty.

I went with the Kenwood DMX1057. You have to get the maestro kit to get your climate control and steering wheel controls to work with it. Also, if you have a tuner, you have to install wires into the back of the obd2, they said it’s only 2 wires. If you do not have a tuner, or your tuner isn’t mounted for on demand, then the maestro plugs directly into the obd2.

It’s a pretty penny though. $2k OTD. The head unit itself is $1200. Maestro unit is $150 and maestro kit is $350. . Had some crypto funds to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts