F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there were any diff w/ the 13 eco 3.5 engines and 14’s? When searching motors for my 14 I’m seeing the question thru 12/15/13 and from 12/16/13. I’m trying to find out if there were any major diff in the 2. I’m sure there has to be some sort just not sure what. Any help with this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’m not positive... but I believe 14 is a Gen 2 motor.

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
I’m not positive... but I believe 14 is a Gen 2 motor.

2013 F150 XLT 3.5L SCrew. AFE Magnum Force Stage-2 Dual 3-1/2" CAI, Mishimoto Performance Intercooler with Pipes, TurboSmart SP Supersonic BOV Kit , Team RXP Heat Exchanged Dual Catch Can, AEM Coil Packs, SCT/Bully Dog BDX Tuner w/5* Tuning Custom Tunes, AFE Atlas 4" Aluminized Steel Cat-Back
No the gen 2 started in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
No the gen 2 started in 2017

I stand corrected! Thank you sir!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I don’t think so. Nothing major internal. The 13’s have bigger turbos than the 12’s

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn’t sure if there were any diff to the setup. Blew mine completely apart. Starter was even blown off bell housing so thinking trans as well. But everywhere I search, I get was build date before 12/15 or after!! Been researching and can’t find anything. Seems like the 15’ engines work w the 14’s if build date is after 12/15. There’s a lot more of these out there w low mileage and want to try going that route if I’m able to without major diff between the 2.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
I’m sure somebody on here knows what needs to be done when putting in different year motors, I think it’s more of a pcm issue.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
The only difference I can think of between the 13 and 14 trucks is the front shock absorber mounting.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,569 Posts
They are completely interchangeable. I’ve seen a few folks replace motors and not have any issues between a 2013 and 2014.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts