F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bring up such an old topic but I'm having trouble finding the old threads. In the past I had screen shot part #'s but can't find them now.

2013 Ecoboost SCREW. Tow pkg, 6.5 bed, hill decend. I have what ive read is the weak built tranny mount that I've looked into and can replace it with a Ramptor mount, I guess they are built more rugged and help to eliminate the shudder from the tranny.

Anyone happen to be able to direct me to those links or happen to have that Raptor mount part#?

Other problem I have is when I just contact a dealer for the part they tell me the mount in my truck is same as in a Raptor, which sends more confusion. Afraid to order from them cause if it is the same they won't let me return it because it's a special order part they say.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost,
25 Posts
I was wondering when you notice the shudder? I have 13 FX4 6.5ft bed downhill assist and I feel a shudder when I accelerate WOT and it shifts from 3rd to 4th and then to 5th and I was wondering if this trans mount could fix my shudder issue too? The truck currently has 70,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was wondering when you notice the shudder? I have 13 FX4 6.5ft bed downhill assist and I feel a shudder when I accelerate WOT and it shifts from 3rd to 4th and then to 5th and I was wondering if this trans mount could fix my shudder issue too? The truck currently has 70,000 miles on it.

That s when mine does it to. Mostly when I'm cruise at 55 or what ever and I want to give it a little more to get to 58 or maintain up a hill it does it. Doesn't do it if I give it a little extra to the point of down shifting or almost down shifting.

There's a bunch of threads on it but was having a hard time finding them, they may have been on a duff forum. If you YouTube f150 tranny shudder a guy put a go pro on his frame and you can see it. The stock mounts are weak as all get out. I bought a stock replacement and took it back cause even new they give a ton. Was told the Raptor mount is much more rigid. Most likely won't eliminate but heard it helps alot. I just want to be positive on the part number cause Ford told me they won't return it if it doesn't work because it's a special order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oooh I think now I'm with you. So the mount is for a raptor it's not made by raptor. That in itself clears things up. Lol. Thank you for sharing tho.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Most of the shudder the raptor mount helps with is from starting out from a stop, not at speed and not cruising at 55. The shudder has to do with axle wrap on softly spring trucks. Towing a trailer and heavy torque exacerbate the problem, but it smooths out by around 20mph. Towing my trailer, my 2009 did it and my 2016 does it too.
The shudder you describe is most often from the need for new spark plugs, not a mount issue. I would replace plugs first and see if helps your issue.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, thats also great to know. I co-incedently did replace the plugs and could boots yesterday and haven't really driven the truck yet so Ill try that today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't heard of the plugs being an issue. The guy I bought it from said he changed them at 100,000 but who knows if true.

I've heard about the axle thing but also heard that's not it. So many diff things I hear about this issue where people say it's this or that. I just figured I know and can change the mount myself so I would look into that.
The other prob I have with the mount theory is , loving in Michigan when the truck is cold 90% of the time I can't make it shudder. That makes me start to think something more internal. I feel the guy I bought it from knew this cause he left it sitting out at his place of business over night when I went to look at it.
I do love the truck but if it were my daily driver and not my wife's it would be gone cause of this issue. She likes it enough to deal with it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just heard back from my tuner (LMS) today and they saw that my tune was still on the old ford parameters and they updated my tune with the new one. Updated my tuner and loaded the tune back on but haven't driven the truck yet but I will know if that fixed my issues later tonight and I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So my transmission issues seem to be resolved now and it was in fact the tune. My truck got a PCM update at the dealer AFTER I got my tune back and that screwed something up. LMS said my tune was still based on the old parameters. They send me a new tune based on the new parameters and although I only drove 5 miles the truck is smooth as silk. I am so freaking relieved. As far as the gear shift shudder, that is greatly diminished almost to the point where it is hardly noticeable if present at all. That was kinda hard to tell as the stretch of road I tested on had some uneven pavement but all seem good now. Ill keep testing to see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts