F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Ecoboost brand new 7 days ago. Last night I installed the Rancho Quick Lift 2" front leveling kit. Very easy. It took about 35 minutes for each side. This morning I took my truck and had the front end aligned. I also had new 33x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country mud terrain tires mounted on my factory wheels with no wheel spacers. I'm happy with the ride after the new upgrades. Here are some cell phone pics....not very good pics, but here they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice set up
Thanks!

It sure rides nice. I left the front struts, and rear shocks set on "6" (the way mine came from Rancho) & the ride is nice. I will see how the truck sits when my car trailer is connected. If needed, I can adjust the rear shock setting to keep the truck from squatting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Tuck pulled my trailer great. However, on the street I changed my strut/shock settings to 3 on the front and back. Rides like a Caddy now for daily driving.

·
Registered
860 Posts
man, that looks really sweet! Nice choice with the tire size. How wide are those factory wheels?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man, that looks really sweet! Nice choice with the tire size. How wide are those factory wheels?
Thanks! I'm not sure how wide the factory wheels are. These tires fit nice on them. I'm not running any spacers either, and I have no clearance issues.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
160 Posts
Man, that is one of the best tire/height combo I have seen yet!!! I'd love to do that to mine soon.

Those tires look pretty serious off-road, how are they on-road? Also, what are you reporting for a combined MPG? Increased road noise from the deeper tread?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, that is one of the best tire/height combo I have seen yet!!! I'd love to do that to mine soon.

Those tires look pretty serious off-road, how are they on-road? Also, what are you reporting for a combined MPG? Increased road noise from the deeper tread?
Thanks. The Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain has great on road driving characteristics in my opinion. Because of the level kit, and added weight of the tires, mpg will suffer. Best hwy mpg I've had so far (unloaded) on a 35 mile trip driving 70 mph was 16.2 mpg. The Toyo tires produce very little road noise. I rotate mine every 5,000 miles. I've had these tires before and get 65,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow! 65k miles is awesome!

And 16.2 hwy isnt too bad I suppose, its like a 3-4 mpg drop overall?

One day when I have more money.... Your set-up just looks so nicely balanced. Not too outrageous but looks waaaay better than stock.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Love the set up, welcome to the club.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What exactly do you mean "I left the front struts, and rear shocks set on "6" (the way mine came from Rancho) & the ride is nice." were these on there when you bought the truck? i didnt not see wehre you added shocks and struts. I have a 2013 eco boost and was looking for this very package but I have to upgrade to the 20 inchers...my lariat has the 18's. Love Toyo had the atz's on my 04' but def. going with the MT

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What exactly do you mean "I left the front struts, and rear shocks set on "6" (the way mine came from Rancho) & the ride is nice." were these on there when you bought the truck? i didnt not see wehre you added shocks and struts. I have a 2013 eco boost and was looking for this very package but I have to upgrade to the 20 inchers...my lariat has the 18's. Love Toyo had the atz's on my 04' but def. going with the MT
Read my first post. And, the Rancho quick lift and rs9000xl rear shocks are 9 way adjustable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
18 Participants
mikemetz82
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing