F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the lift kit has arrived, I guess I'll start with my own build thread. It will by no means be advanced as some, but will at least provide me with visibility to all the work I've done. Maybe it will answer a question or two down the road... I bought the truck with ~8000mi June of '16. Pretty typical FX4. Had nitro terra grapplers and a level kit. Other than that bone stock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a hunting buddy so added the top... also the finished result of the eco badge removed

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed 170 tstat, UPR catch can - engine mount, and Tuner...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I'm really diggin the under hood mount catch can. It really seems like my initial commentary to UPR about the items I disliked where listened to and addressed (mainly the tacky-cheap DIY feel of the fittings / hose clamps).

That looks a WHOLE LOT nicer / cleaner than my Generation 1.1 UPR grill mount.

I had a camper shell on a truck long ago for my pup, but it got too damned hot back there and he rode in the cab 98% of the time.
Down here on Satan's arm pit, it's too hot in the cab even with the AC!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm really diggin the under hood mount catch can. It really seems like my initial commentary to UPR about the items I disliked where listened to and addressed (mainly the tacky-cheap DIY feel of the fittings / hose clamps).

That looks a WHOLE LOT nicer / cleaner than my Generation 1.1 UPR grill mount.

I had a camper shell on a truck long ago for my pup, but it got too damned hot back there and he rode in the cab 98% of the time.
Down here on Satan's arm pit, it's too hot in the cab even with the AC!
I went with under hood due to not wanting to block any of the radiator. Just didn't like the idea. I'm originally from IL so the cap was intended to have a place for the pup to warm up after a near ice cold duck hunt...work moved me to Miami so the top is going. I have an extang in the garage I'm hoping to get on Sunday if time allows.

Other than that I have a few odds and ends to do until rims and tires come. Going w 22x10.5 death metal novakane and 35" ridge grapplers. Working on the wheel and tire pricing as of today, but the rims are on a national backordwr. Fine by me as I don't want to lift it for a few months anyways! Trying to burn through a few more warranty miles while it's still under bumper to bumper !

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tires and Rims ordered. How did I make out??

Novakane 22x10.5 Death Metal with nitto ridge grapplers in 35x12.5x22
4K out the door including alignment, locking lugs, and TPMS switched over. Although I won't see them for a couple months, I feel like this is a pretty damn good price

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side note - truck is in dealer for a water leak and the transmission valve body separator plate TSB. After a complaint to Fords regional customer service manual, I got them to perform the TSB although they haven't been able to replicate the issue when in their hands.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
22's on an fx4 hunting rig :confused:
I'm down in south Florida now from IL. Going to be here for at least three to five years...don't foresee a lot of hunting here when I can fly home to hunt something worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I totally get what that's like. I live in Vancouver, but fly back to my Dad's place in Manitoba to do any hunting. Just not even worth the effort to hunt around here.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Those wheels n tires are going to look 100%! I've always wanted a set, just never wanted to pay for em!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well FML I received the turbos from Chris today. I was initially going to wait months to install. Shouldn't have opened the box. I need opinions from some of you more knowledgeable than me. I'm going to dyno tune this truck once I have turbos and downpipes installed. I also need to purchase an IC still. My question is since I'm going to lift, is it going to be better to wait and dyno tune after that is done with the 'heavier' set up? Or should I just dyno tune w it on the factory fx4 rims and ask them to adjust it remotely once the heavier rims and tires come?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well FML I received the turbos from Chris today. I was initially going to wait months to install. Shouldn't have opened the box. I need opinions from some of you more knowledgeable than me. I'm going to dyno tune this truck once I have turbos and downpipes installed. I also need to purchase an IC still. My question is since I'm going to lift, is it going to be better to wait and dyno tune after that is done with the 'heavier' set up? Or should I just dyno tune w it on the factory fx4 rims and ask them to adjust it remotely once the heavier rims and tires come?

I know it isn't cost effective but I'd be very tempted to do before and after Dyno runs just to see what the new turbos/tune get you. If wishes were fishes...

I'd wait until the new wheel package is on to do the tune. Once again, simply taking cost into consideration. You may not want to know the before and after HP numbers once the wheel package is installed. ;)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Who's doing your tune?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are three ish hours away and my uncle lives close. I'll make a weekend out of it but I want to combine the trip so I can jerk some lips

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
I would ask Mike and see what he thinks. I'm sure he would be tuning it a bit different between the two set-ups.

What kind of time are you looking at to get the IC and the lift/tires on?

1 - 20 of 538 Posts
About this Discussion
537 Replies
45 Participants
MAXXPAY
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing