F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

481 - 500 of 538 Posts

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
I agree with mtexpert. Also promoting REV again, which has been done a lot, but then when REV doesn't deliver on time, crickets from all involved. A classic business mistake. Customer service should rule at all times. As stated before, the builder/installer/tuner succeed or fail together. Seems to me that the builder/installer/tuner community should be working together to offer a turn key product, where the burden is not on the customer to manage things, especially when tens of thousands of dollars are involved.

To add insult to injury, while ptown is suffering, REV finds time for other new projects and RMB basically says not my issue, as if he has zero influence. Where is the community pressure on REV to make this right? In my opinion, it is everyone's problem that was involved in this build until ptown is happy.

How many potential customers will think twice before jumping in after ptown's experience? Seems to me that this should be an all hands on deck to make this right initiative in the name of customer service, the MOST important aspect of any business, even if your product is the only game in town.

I dreamed about an RMB motor once, but I'll remain stock for the foreseeable future.
You should see all the projects posted up over the last while on their Facebook page.

Baaaaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm pretty sure REV has more than just ptown paying bills.

Don't forget this is the longest holiday stretch of the year...
No, I ran a high end car audio shop back in the day, you take care of your problem customers FIRST and your customers should understand that. You also mitigate blowback like this when you go out of your way to take care of your customers. Understanding that as a shop you need to prioritize taking care of your existing customers and any issues maintains your reputation vs going after the next dollars via new tunes, products, etc.. If you keep that up long enough you'll have enough pissed off people that nobody will come back. Also if RMB recommended REV then he should be ALL OVER THEM to get this done and take care of his customer on his recommendation as his reputation should be on the line as well. At least that's how I handled things when managing the car audio shop and referring to or subcontracting other vendors like upholstery shops, wheel/tires, paint etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No, I ran a high end car audio shop back in the day, you take care of your problem customers FIRST and your customers should understand that. You also mitigate blowback like this when you go out of your way to take care of your customers. Understanding that as a shop you need to prioritize taking care of your existing customers and any issues maintains your reputation vs going after the next dollars via new tunes, products, etc.. If you keep that up long enough you'll have enough pissed off people that nobody will come back. Also if RMB recommended REV then he should be ALL OVER THEM to get this done and take care of his customer on his recommendation as his reputation should be on the line as well. At least that's how I handled things when managing the car audio shop and referring to or subcontracting other vendors like upholstery shops, wheel/tires, paint etc.
Precisely! Well said mtxpert.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Duplicate

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Duplicate again...because the forum was lagging. :(

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
I've followed all of this and see one major GLARING issue with most peoples comments about Ptown's jacked-up situation....

Not one single one of us, aside from @RMB_Ryan, @ptown, and the guy running Rev Auto, knows every single extenuating circumstance that has come into play during the course of this whole "project" to create delays, headaches, expenditures, etc...yet a few of you sure are quick to point the finger and assign blame. In legal terms these defamatory comments would be known as "libel".

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I've followed all of this and see one major GLARING issue with most peoples comments about Ptown's jacked-up situation....

Not one single one of us, aside from @RMB_Ryan, @ptown, and the guy running Rev Auto, knows every single extenuating circumstance that has come into play during the course of this whole "project" to create delays, headaches, expenditures, etc...yet a few of you sure are quick to point the finger and assign blame. In legal terms these defamatory comments would be known as "libel".
Welcome to the internet! The whole thing sucks but this always happens when something goes south. Everyone has to jump on the bandwagon.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Actually I nor Ryan know why they are not tuning it. Ryan even confirmed [in a few posts above^] he knows nothing more than the last email we received on Dec 20th from the motor being initially started the day prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I get that. My comment was aimed at the others that are slamming Ryan, Rev, and even you (quite a few posts back, for spending as much as you did) when they don't know everything that has transpired that has created this 'perfect storm'.

·
Registered
532 Posts

What false statements were made?
Here's the definition of Libel:
"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms:defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering;"

You have a few of us upset about what is going on for ptown. I'm not on a bandwagon, it just sucks to see the pushback on here and delays. We're commenting on those FACTS. We're also voicing an opinion about what we feel we would do or expect how it to be handled. Some of us with extensive background in running shops and businesses that are customer facing.

Before you throw around these terms you should be very careful what you're accusing people of and understand the implications of what you're saying.
Show us the false statements you're referring to.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #492 (Edited)
No, I get that. My comment was aimed at the others that are slamming Ryan, Rev, and even you (quite a few posts back, for spending as much as you did) when they don't know everything that has transpired that has created this 'perfect storm'.
The truth is not a slam. Facts are not a slam. Those are issues in the past and handled. The next issue is going on two months of truck sitting after already been with out for 8 months. Plain and simple.

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
What false statements were made?
Here's the definition of Libel:
"a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
synonyms:defamation, defamation of character, character assassination, calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering;"

You have a few of us upset about what is going on for ptown. I'm not on a bandwagon, it just sucks to see the pushback on here and delays. We're commenting on those FACTS. We're also voicing an opinion about what we feel we would do or expect how it to be handled. Some of us with extensive background in running shops and businesses that are customer facing.

Before you throw around these terms you should be very careful what you're accusing people of and understand the implications of what you're saying.
Show us the false statements you're referring to.
I'm not here to get into a pissing match with you Mike. :)
The point I was trying to make is that this is a public forum, where most everyone hides behind a keyboard and it is almost impossible to know all of the facts of any given situation that people come on here and complain about. Yet people will defend or damn that person based on what they have posted. (yeah @Chris H, I know it's the internet. LOL).

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
[h=1]Duck test[/h] From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The duck test is a form of abductive reasoning. This is its usual expression:
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
The test implies that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. It is sometimes used to counter abstruse, or even valid, arguments that something is not what it appears to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

·
Administrator
4,073 Posts
Duck test

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The duck test is a form of abductive reasoning. This is its usual expression:
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
The test implies that a person can identify an unknown subject by observing that subject's habitual characteristics. It is sometimes used to counter abstruse, or even valid, arguments that something is not what it appears to be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test
But how accurate of an "observation" is it when you're only viewing typed words on your computer screen or phone?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's all fun and games until something like this happens to you or I (ptown).
I own and operate my own business.
Do I have some hard case clients....yes, and sometimes I have to cut them from the herd in a professional manner.
Word of mouth is the cheapest and IMO best form of advertisement for a small business....reputation and integrity are key-period.
It's really not a question of pointing fingers.
Ptown is the customer, make him happy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
If it came from me, it’s pretty freaking accuratenot to toot my own horn or anything

ptown: “Guys the house is on fire”

ecoboost forum members: “No one knows the whole story, looks like a bad case of smoke to me”

ptown: “Guys I just said the fire is real, I wish it was just smoke but its not”

ecoboost forum members: “Only ptown knows for sure, let’s not points fingers”

ptown: “How many times do I have to say it”

ecoboost forum members: “You have never been in their shoes. If you ever had been, then you would know what it's like”

ptown: “I’m literally at a loss for words”

:rolleyes:

481 - 500 of 538 Posts
About this Discussion
537 Replies
45 Participants
MAXXPAY
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing