F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Btw, something I didn't know until yesterday...Erick has been making my dyno pulls in 4th gear, while Steven's is done in 3rd gear in his 4-door due to the Tremor having a 4.10 rear.

I'm not sure how much it affects the dyno numbers, but I'm figuring there is something there to add to the conversation when comparing notes.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Btw, something I didn't know until yesterday...Erick has been making my dyno pulls in 4th gear, while Steven's is done in 3rd gear in his 4-door due to the Tremor having a 4.10 rear.

I'm not sure how much it affects the dyno numbers, but I'm figuring there is something there to add to the conversation when comparing notes.
i don't understand this. You want to be as close to 1:1? 4th gear is not even 1:1 in 6r80. The shop would have to do a correction factor to get an estimate of actual numbers.

My only thought is 4th puts too much load on engine in higher geared trucks?

Looking for a response.

That exhaust system is quite. i was expecting a loud, bad sounding v6.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i don't understand this. You want to be as close to 1:1? 4th gear is not even 1:1 in 6r80. The shop would have to do a correction factor to get an estimate of actual numbers.

My only thought is 4th puts too much load on engine in higher geared trucks?

Looking for a response.

That exhaust system is quite. i was expecting a loud, bad sounding v6.
Actually, 4th is the closest 1:1 ratio, but we usually do 3rd gear on the trucks because with the higher gears it creates too much heat in a dyno situation and numbers go down instead of up. Tremor is the exception... ;)

[h=3]6R80 TRANSMISSION RATIOS[/h]
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
R
4.17 : 1
2.34 : 1
1.52 : 1
1.14 : 1
0.86 : 1
0.69 : 1
3.40 : 1

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Actually, 4th is the closest 1:1 ratio, but we usually do 3rd gear on the trucks because with the higher gears it creates too much heat in a dyno situation and numbers go down instead of up. Tremor is the exception... ;)

6R80 TRANSMISSION RATIOS

1st2nd3rd4th5th6thR
4.17 : 12.34 : 11.52 : 11.14 : 10.86 : 10.69 : 13.40 : 1

To clarify, i said not. Typically you find 4th to be 1:1, at least in the past manual transmissions. The new coyote, 5th is 1:1 I believe.

So too much heat due to load? Do you have a fan set up and do you use a correction factor as I mentioned?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
To clarify, i said not. Typically you find 4th to be 1:1, at least in the past manual transmissions. The new coyote, 5th is 1:1 I believe.

So too much heat due to load? Do you have a fan set up and do you use a correction factor as I mentioned?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424516073.192342.jpg

Yep....a BAF (big ass fan).

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Magnaflow high-flow cats arrived yesterday. Trying to get the pieces fabbed up this weekend so we can install them and do a comparison dyno.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424516202.211023.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424516212.427340.jpg
Factory cats....

·
Vendor
7,244 Posts
Just a thought but I'm sure Eric can do some additional work with some race fuel. Are you running E30 blend? I am just about to try running VP MS109. Looking to see how Eric likes it and if it is worth it. I got lucky as to how I was able to obtain a 54 gallons drum, but I know with tuning I have been told it will help and I'm sure help the engine as well with all this winter gas out now.

2014 FX4 Appearance Pckg (Black) , LET 93 Tuned, LET Cutout (coming soon) 3.55 gearing, UPR MEGA Catch Can, SOLO Cattless O/R Down Pipe, AFE Charge Pipe, S&B CAI, Stage 3 Raptor LED Grille Lights, Stage 3 LED Reverse Bulbs, Recon White Lightning Tailgate LED Light Bar, LED Fog Bulbs (MAK)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just a thought but I'm sure Eric can do some additional work with some race fuel. Are you running E30 blend?
Yes sir...E30 blend. I'm not wanting a big number necessarily. Its a dd truck when I'm not at work...back and forth to the gym & grocery store. I want to numbers that'll be accurate for daily use.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How does the truck hook up from a dig/low roll?? Ever since I've added more power it just wheels hops it's ass off lol.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Just a thought but I'm sure Eric can do some additional work with some race fuel. Are you running E30 blend? I am just about to try running VP MS109. Looking to see how Eric likes it and if it is worth it. I got lucky as to how I was able to obtain a 54 gallons drum, but I know with tuning I have been told it will help and I'm sure help the engine as well with all this winter gas out now.

2014 FX4 Appearance Pckg (Black) , LET 93 Tuned, LET Cutout (coming soon) 3.55 gearing, UPR MEGA Catch Can, SOLO Cattless O/R Down Pipe, AFE Charge Pipe, S&B CAI, Stage 3 Raptor LED Grille Lights, Stage 3 LED Reverse Bulbs, Recon White Lightning Tailgate LED Light Bar, LED Fog Bulbs (MAK)
Not shure what ms109 is, but duble check its unleaded, or if it is leaded make shure you have no cats, and are at peice with a sacrificial set of oxygen sensors. I was thinking to run a race gas blend, and erick said he could tune for it no prob. But went with e30 jus because of race gas cost. 104 was the highest unleaded i coud get.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
How does the truck hook up from a dig/low roll?? Ever since I've added more power it just wheels hops it's ass off lol.
Flash...I haven't launched it from a dig but from 10-20mph it spins with these Toyo tires but it doesn't wheel hop.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts