F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

So I'm going to order my first custom tune this upcoming holiday weekend (been living with a canned sct tune which from my logs is treating my truck amazing). I just don't know what custom things can be done with a custom tune.

I'm looking for feedback of what people have had done FROM 5 STAR with their custom tunes.

Any response would be awesome.

Thx,
Steve

2014 F150 EB XLT 4X2 white, tuned and loved

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I had 5 star change the drive-ability of their performance tune to the same as the tow tune but the power of the performance tune.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You can have them completely disable traction control when you hit the button on the dash (rather than just 'mostly' disable it). You will have to talk to them on specifics as I didn't know this was a possibility when I had my tunes done and don't care that much. =)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys. The TC seems interesting but when wheeling I haven't had an issue with just holding it for 5seconds or so. Vozaday--. So your tow/perf tune has same pwr as solo performance tune?

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
So your tow/perf tune has same pwr as solo performance tune?

The tow/perf tune was the normal power, which is safe to tow with. The performance tune had the same throttle tip in and shifting characteristics as the tow/perf tune. I didn't like how the performance tune made the truck feel like a race car, I liked the tow tune truck feel.

Talk to SirIkeNeutron as he has done quite a bit with 5 Star in the past month. They have stepped up their game.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
Drop 5* and find out what a real tune feels like. (I've read that 5* made a good tune for the older trucks just hard for me to believe because the tune for the new ones was so ****ty and they didn't care)

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I will agree that for the new ones they dropped the ball, but the ops avatar is the old style. They have begun working on the new style tunes, watch Shane Swift on FB as he has been helping them develop. People have even been switching too and from MPT and power levels seem close to the same now (haven't seen any dynos yet to prove it).

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Yup, the new (within the past couple months) 5 star tunes are kick a$$. I've got one for my 91 performance tune and it holds its own with my MPT 91 race performance tune, my 5 star tune even pulls harder up top.
If anyone has a 5 star tune from even just a few months ago I highly suggest data logging and sending it to Jacob over there.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
They don't Seam to be earning people's business... Had a great reputation and milked that and in the last year **** all over their customers.

Don't be sheep.

let them prove themselves again.

Then give them your money.

if you pay them for a service and they don't deliver on what was promised, then tell you that's all they can do and stop answering your emails Ect. You would know.

give them your hard earned money on a 2015+ and better yet buy a non refundable warranty, then you will know what 5* is all about.

ps this is no reflection on stage 3 (simply the best) who are tied to 5* and are being **** on just like us by 5*

im not a hater. Just someone like many others out there that didn't get what they paid for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts