F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Tackling a couple of projects today, led low beam bulbs and the TSB for the seat popping noise.
The bulbs I had put off for a while because of the pain in the rear to get to them. It’s not a horrible job but it’s no fun either.
I went in through the wheel well on the drivers side, not much room but doable. The passenger side was a problem for me. I had to take the housing out to install the bulb. I just couldn’t get it in from behind. (No pun intended)
These bulbs were recommended on a FB group because they fit inside the dust cover. Less than $40.

The seat TSB is less than $5. A piece of hose and two hose clamps.

Long term updates continue...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Today I tackled the spark plugs.

I would like to recommend the bean counter who shortened the wiring harness on the left bank to fornicate himself with a donkey size glass dildo wrapped in barb-wire!

Other than cylinder 3 problems ( see above) everything went well. Cylinders 1&4 had the most carbon build up and 5&6 were almost stuck. So, new 534’s in the hole and no issues or problems. I will post pics after I check plug gaps of the factory plugs. They went 65,753 on a stock engine and were at least uniform in the gaps I saw at the time I took them out. All boots were fine for reinstall and I used anti seize and dielectric grease going back in. Liberal amounts of grease, sparingly on the anti seize.

Coming up on 3 years of ownership in about a week. Nothing but routine maintenance with the exception of the battery and alternator.

Long term updates continue ...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #343

They really looked pretty good.
1) .029
2) .030
3) .030
4) .029
5) .028
6) .027
She idles smoother now and other than that I can’t tell a difference.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
3 years of ownership and just a little over 66 thousand miles.

It’s been an exceptional truck with only one real problem in the past three years. I had it brought in on the hook for an alternator and battery. I replaced a windshield, changed the spark plugs recently but nothing else except regular maintenance.

Mileage has been steady and I was originally set on anything better than 20 MPG’s. I think this counts.

I quit doing hand calculations a while back but my last was 21.7 so I’ll call the 21.6 good.

Over all, pleased with the performance from such a large heavy vehicle. I have yet to wish for more power on my daily drive.

All stock and not motivated enough to tackle any major mods or forscan. Although, boostedgreygoose has made it stupid simple to put in the raptor model steering wheel with paddle shifters. His harness for that mod just about makes it plug and play. I may do that one just because.

So, long term updates will continue...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I replaced my plugs with new SP-542's about 10 days ago. I'm at 97K miles. The old plugs looked pretty good and I can't tell any difference either.
I have noticed that my truck seems to be getting better gas mileage lately. Maybe something to do with the summer gas blend.

Reactions: Tdog02

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Minor issue has popped up and I wanted to bounce it off the rest of you. When using the remote start it spins several times before starting. When new it would start immediately. Is this an issue? Is there something I need to look into or possibly replace? I'm stumped on this one, thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just walked outside and checked mine... it started immediately. I find it odd that it would start normally from in the cab but have spin over delay when remote started. Maybe it was just a onetime thing? Have you tried it since?

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Minor issue has popped up and I wanted to bounce it off the rest of you. When using the remote start it spins several times before starting. When new it would start immediately. Is this an issue? Is there something I need to look into or possibly replace? I'm stumped on this one, thanks for suggestions.
Battery dieing out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
I just walked outside and checked mine... it started immediately. I find it odd that it would start normally from in the cab but have spin over delay when remote started. Maybe it was just a onetime thing? Have you tried it since?
still doing it

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really hope not, I replaced it in July, so just 4 months on it.
First check would be the battery. Maybe it's new but they still fail sometimes and thats why they come with a warranty.. Have Autozone or equivalent do a load check. Sidenote are you in freezing temps when this occurs, or maybe left a small interior light on?

Second check would be your ground cables. Is there a chance they were left loose after your battery change or have came loose since? Check for corrosion on the grounds and at your terminals on the battery as well. If you have corrosion, a simple 50/50 mix of baking soda and water will break it down.

Good luck. Sounds minor. You got this.

·
Administrator
10,652 Posts
I read something about a reset that has to be done when the battery is changed. Something about the truck learns the battery as it weakens, and if you put a new one in without a reset it can begin overcharging.

I assumed it was hogwash, but perhaps not? Was it replaced at a dealer?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Time to change.

Magnatec 5w30 in with MC filter.
I recently added a JLT 3.0 passenger side catch can. I don’t get much in the container. It stays dry unless I hit wot and pump up the boost.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’ve noticed mine is slower to start since winter and I only fill with top tier gas. Could be bad winter fuel or just the cold. Winter fuel changes through season to match temperatures and flashes easier to help with starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Last week my neighbor backed into my truck. Off to the body shop for a new outside mirror assembly and paint. Will update when I get her back. 73,3XX miles and continuing the long term updates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Last week my neighbor backed into my truck. Off to the body shop for a new outside mirror assembly and paint. Will update when I get her back. 73,3XX miles and continuing the long term updates.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you at least get a decent loaner.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Sorry to hear that. Hope you at least get a decent loaner.
They gave me a Ram classic. Honestly not a bad truck. Stereo is much better than in the F150. Seats are a little nicer. Drive line has a clunk in it when slowing down. I was looking at one when I bought my F150, they came close to getting my money but wouldn't come off another 300 dollars so I went with the Ford. I should have my truck back tomorrow so I'll update then.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Slow to get back to you guys. I guess the current state of affairs is to blame. Got my truck back Friday the 13th and it was clean and fixed. I haven't really had a full day to go over it and hand wash it but the repair looks brand new for my truck. I didn't realize just how many rock strikes I have on the hood, if it gets any worse I may have that resprayed at a later date. Fast and full repair, no complaints on it... long term updates continue.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts