F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
I've almost made it to the end of the useful life of this thread. If long term updates are judged by long term assessments and results then I've given you all the info that I can.

As of today I've had my F150 exactly 4 years. Two issues that were needed for repair/replacement happened during this time. Some time ago I needed a new windshield due to a rock strike and immediate crack, and I needed a new alternator and battery a little over a year ago. The truck left me stranded with my family at night about 90 miles from home. I was upset and also curious as to what happened. Just routine? normal issue? Or was it overuse of the 400 watt power inverter? It was most likely the over use of the power inverter by my daughter who was plugging her phone wall charger into the outlet instead of using the cigar plug that I put back there for her. When I say over use I mean she would leave it plugged in at all times ( I should have checked). I'm still looking into that but needless to say we don't use the inverter unless there is no other option.

I've had routine oil changes at about 5 thousand mile intervals, along with regular air filter (and cabin air filter) changes. I've changed my plugs once and had to buy a set of tires. So if you look at repair maintenance costs, tires and oil, spark plugs and filter changes... I'm right at $3,300 extra out of pocket. My fuel mileage is rounded down to 21 mpg over 85,000 miles. Smiles per gallon is off the chart. That is not to say I don't have a few issues with the truck, like the drivers seat pan popping, horrible halogen headlights, cracked fog light housing due to heat build up, sometimes glitchy SYNC3 system, unbelievably thin and easy to chip paint, WORTHLESS FORD LUG NUTS, and crappy shocks, just to name a few aggravating things, but overall this has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I have upgraded and fixed the most glaring problems. My neighbor backed into me as I was driving by his house. Minor damage but it resulted in over 4 grand in repairs. (not my fault so no out of pocket to me) I found it hard to believe it could even cost that much but it most certainly did.

I have truly enjoyed the truck, so much that I am going to keep it and continue to my goal of 300,000 miles. I have avoided and will continue to avoid the itch to tune the 2.7 ecoboost. As a former hot rod enthusiast I really want to see how much power I can make with the 2.7 while still using it as a daily driver, but that wouldn't be a fair test of Ford's engineering and my quest for 300,000 miles. I will still post here from time to time just to have a documented page of what I have done with my truck. But this should cover anyone's questions on the average guy using a F150 with a 2.7 ecoboost can expect during normal usage. It's a solid truck and continues to impress me with the power and useful features that I purchased back in 2016 on a 302a XLT Supercrew cab.

Still a happy Ford owner! PS, a big thanks for F150ECOBOOST.NET for the forum that we have here, it's awesome!

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
It's an awesome thread.
The defacto 2.7 thread, in my opinion.

Did you ever think?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tdog02
381 - 383 of 383 Posts