F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
421 - 425 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 · (Edited)
I’ve played with different viscosities and really found no difference in mileage except for when I use 10w30. I can actually see about 2/10ths MPG difference.

I like the 0w40 euro oils and will likely go to that for my next change. I have a JLT 3.0 on my truck but it doesn’t collect much during my 5K OCI, maybe an ounce at most.

If the fuel dilution is becoming a problem I would look at the injectors. If there are no drivability problems or erratic idle issues then what Snake said about shortening your OCI is good advice.

I only know about the first gen 2.7 and didn’t really read up on the dual fuel injection on the second gen. Does Ford have an updated strategy that could upload? That might solve a fuel dilution issue very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
On October 11th 2021 I reached 5 years ownership of my F150. Over 111,xxx miles and still going. No pics as I have been trying not to die from the China virus. It’s in my lungs and devastating to endure.

Long term updates continue if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
GET WELL

You must outlast the truck. Or at least put another 111k on it.

I hope you aren't offended in the humor. I couldn't be more sincere. Believe me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

421 - 425 of 425 Posts