F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 ·
We made it back, but not until after a wedding in Arkansas on the way home. Very lucky to have missed all the severe weather and only had a few brief rain showers.
Font Electric blue Electronic device Auto part Screenshot

Here is the final tally for our trip. I hand calculated the mileage and my final was 23.2 so the lie o' meter is actually fairly accurate. 76 hours drive time, which included many low speed beach trips and short tripping in Arkansas as our family was pressed into service to assist the bride's family with duties as assigned.

2016 Supercrew, 2WD, 3.31, 2.7 with 128, 714 on the odometer. All except 2 tanks were 93. Arkansas has 91 only in many places. I never went lower than 1/4 tank and most of the time filled up around 1/2 a tank. I honestly thought I would drop more than 1 mpg on the trip home because: 1-I drove and did not think about mileage, 2-the temp went way up, 3-winds were up quite a bit.

The highest I paid per gallon for premium was 5.79, the last fill up at Costco was 4.99 per gallon (thank you Costco). We have another road trip planned for this summer (depending on fuel costs). I'm going unless we get to 8 bucks or higher, then we are staying home.

Long term updates will continue.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 · (Edited)
Time for another oil change.

Stuck with Edge 0-40 and Motorcraft filter. I’ve been seeing other filters but not willing to use them.

Oil out was dark, filter was darker than I have seen in the past. Rotated and balanced the tires and ready for the next road trip.

Long term updates continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
I've never had an issue finding 93 here.
I was in the mountain areas. And I didn’t shop, I just stopped to fill up when needed. I can’t remember the first place, traveling through, last place was Springdale.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·

Back from the Florida panhandle, last time away for the summer. Panama City Beach. Not as crowded as Destin but still more people than I like to be around.

Great trip, 22 mpg’s isn’t too bad. Gas prices were down a little. Not Trump prices but still headed down. FJB!

·
Registered
2018 F-150 XLT SCAB 4x4 3.55:1
502 Posts
Back from the Florida panhandle, last time away for the summer. Panama City Beach. Not as crowded as Destin but still more people than I like to be around.

Great trip, 22 mpg’s isn’t too bad. Gas prices were down a little. Not Trump prices but still headed down. FJB!
Average speed 47.7 MPH. 22 MPG isn't that good unless that speed was due to stop/go traffic.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #471 ·
Average speed 47.7 MPH. 22 MPG isn't that good unless that speed was due to stop/go traffic.
Stop and go traffic at the beach. Like 20 minutes for 6 miles with crosswalks every block and full of beach goers.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·
Time to change the oil

I was going to wait till 135 but this oci has some short trips and idle time.

The last of my euro Edge stash, and as usual a Motorcraft filter. No issues, filter was dark oil was a dark honey color. This truck amazes me. Still as strong as it was the day I got it.

134,362 and still going, long term updates continue.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,668 Posts
It's certainly been a great truck and represented the mighty 2.7 F150 well.

My youngest son has the exact same truck and other than the seeping oil pan and 1 purge valve, it too rides, drives, sounds like the very day he drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
I did a thing

We are about to have a new driver so I needed another vehicle. Wife took my bluejeans16 and I was lucky enough to find this one. 2017 xlt 302a 4wd with under 60k miles. I searched for an ecoboost but wound up with a gen 2 coyote. Almost identical to mine except for the 4wd and V8.
One thing I can tell you, the ecoboost is really a different driving experience.

The coyote takes time to hit high enough rpm’s before it moves like an ecoboost. I’m not hating just sharing real world experience. The wife was quick to notice and said the 2.7 was more fun to drive. I offered her the 17 but she said no way.

I was considering getting a Ranger. I drove a couple of new ones but couldn’t stomach the price out the door. So I found a really clean F150 on the used market. The Ranger is a nice truck if you are thinking about one. Good power, just scaled down and no room in the rear seat area. Redesign for 23 so the 19-22 models should drop in price a little.

The 2017 has the 6speed trans and the gen 2 coyote has steel liners in the block instead of the plasma stuff in the gen3’s. No A.S.S. on this one either.

I immediately changed the oil to Kirkland 5-30, just to make me happy. Not happy about the 8 quarts of oil, and the 18 mpg’s but I made a few exceptions to make sure I had 4wd and the tow pkg.

I will still track the 2.7 till at least 200k miles. So my long term updates will continue.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
The wife has been driving my baby (2016) and really enjoying the driving experience of the ecoboost.

We were taking the daughter to show her goats for FFA and when we returned to the parking lot we found this.

Someone drug a trailer down the passenger side. Looks like a pretty good scrape on the rear passenger door, deep groves with deformation of the cab corner, and the bed will need a new skin.
She was upset but really not her fault, parked and in the lines. Doubtful that the guilty party even knew they hit my truck.

Off to the body shop, the estimate is just over 6 grand. SMH, this truck is gonna wind up with more scars than me.

Long term updates continue, estimated 2 weeks till she’s done.

·
Premium Member
2017 F150 XL 2WD 2.7, with some extra stuff!
1,936 Posts
"Stuff" happens and we all get scars sooner or latter. I like the fact mine appeared a year after purchase, got the anger trigger out of the way early! KM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Automotive tire Bumper Tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
My favorite oil. I was all set to run it everything in my driveway when it was $24/5qt. Then with supply chain issues, it was over $50/5qt. I switched to Pennzoil Platinum which stayed in that mid $20 price range. Glad to see the price of Edge came back to a more reasonable price.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts