F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am about to get flamed haha, I know it shouldn't matter, etc, but I really am sooo tired of searching for this. I just want to know what kind of mpg I can expect to get out of a 2.7 with 35's - all terrains and probably will be Falkens that weigh about 65lbs each. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on a 2020 f150 with the 2.7 3.55 gears. I know the mileage isn't going to be great, but if I can get 17 hwy cruising 75 on flat highway I'll be more than happy. BTW I will be coming from a Tacoma running 33's getting 15 mpg or worse. I just need something bigger, and really like the look of the F150

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I was thinking 2.7 MPG must've been a typo until I opened the thread...

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I know one guy that has that set up but on a 2017 2.7 (1st gen) and he gets pretty damn good gas mileage surprisingly. I think 17 will be easily obtainable with the 2nd gen 2.7 with that set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know one guy that has that set up but on a 2017 2.7 (1st gen) and he gets pretty damn good gas mileage surprisingly. I think 17 will be easily obtainable with the 2nd gen 2.7 with that set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear thanks for the reply

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't have 35's, but with 32's I'm still above 23 mpg..
Original was 30.5, I was getting a solid 25. Highway.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
you will be at least 17, but i would bet better than that, even with custom tune.... now, keep in mind you have to drive it like you ant good mpg's, the minute you enjoy the power and are heavy on the foot, that Lil v6 will drink like a thirsty camel!

Good thing is, your coming into it when the winter fuel is leaving us, but in the fall, you will see a drop and post asking why a sudden drop in mpg;s showed up, Lol

·
Registered
701 Posts
I read in different forums guys claiming high twenties and averaging low twenties. I guess I drive different lol. If I baby it on the freeway I can get 18. I average 13. About the same as my 2012 3.5. I am leveled on 35's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run 275/65/20 (34”) on two trucks. One is a 2015 2.7 3.55 with 5* tune and is gets 17.1 on the dash. My other truck is a 2019 2.7 3.55 no tune or speedo correction and it gets 16.1 on the dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
10,462 Posts
We have a lot of people running 34 and 35 inch tires on the 2.7 FB groups. I can't recall many of them posting about fuel mileage with them but they're turning the tires just fine.

325/400 is still plenty of power.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts