F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an opportunity to purchase a 2018 XLT Supercab (6.5 bed) 2.7L EcoBoost with a 10 speed transmission for $30,000. The GVWR on this truck is 6500 lbs. We are going to tow a 2800 Flagstaff E-Pro travel trailer. Two questions:

Does this truck come with a higher GVWR?
Does this sound like a good deal for a truck that will reliably tow our trailer?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

·
Registered
549 Posts
The highest GVWR available is 7850lbs., on the HDPP trucks. However, even the 2.7 should tow that lightweight just fine.

As far as pricing, there's a huge difference between a bottom end 2WD 300A XLT and a loaded-out 4WD 302A. You'd have to provide a lot more details, current mileage, warranty availability, etc. to get any useful feedback.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Perfect choice if the trailer is actually 2800lbs. Enjoy the camping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The highest GVWR available is 7850lbs., on the HDPP trucks. However, even the 2.7 should tow that lightweight just fine.

As far as pricing, there's a huge difference between a bottom end 2WD 300A XLT and a loaded-out 4WD 302A. You'd have to provide a lot more details, current mileage, warranty availability, etc. to get any useful feedback.
It's a 4WD, 20390 miles. Not sure what is left on the warranty. The dealer has been a bit unclear about that. Clean carfax. It doesn't have absolutely all the bells and whistles (no sat nav) but it's got a lot of them!

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
I have a 6500 gvwr, and tow a trailer that is 5700 lbs dry. It came out to 6560 loaded up, and I had 400 lbs of payload left. My door sticker gave me 1560 lbs of payload.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
We have an opportunity to purchase a 2018 XLT Supercab (6.5 bed) 2.7L EcoBoost with a 10 speed transmission for $30,000. The GVWR on this truck is 6500 lbs. We are going to tow a 2800 Flagstaff E-Pro travel trailer. Two questions:

Does this truck come with a higher GVWR?
Does this sound like a good deal for a truck that will reliably tow our trailer?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
You can get the 2.7 payload package which bumps it to 6950 lbs i believe.

·
Administrator
9,686 Posts
For 2018 the 2.7 PP can have a 6900 gvwr for 2wd and 7000 for 4wd.

Keep in mind the payload ratings in this chart are best possible case. Most will be less than that IRL.

It still gives you a good apples to apples comparison between different engine options and packages.

The 3.73 2.7 can also come with up to 9000 lbs rated towing capacity.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 2018 2.7EB STX, 4x4 crewcab. It is very a good commuter compare to midsize trucks. it average out about 21mpg daily driving & tows my TT pretty well. I am pretty happy with it. I would get 4x4 if I were you. I had 1 instance where I had to use 4x4 to pull my TT out of a ditch. A slight wheel off the ground & that will just spin. & u can't use momentum to pull a trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts