F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, another catch can thread... Well I'm having an issue with the clean side separator hoses. It seems my sensor wire harness is shorter than average, and perhaps I was sent a shorter hose than usual. The hose that connects from the manifold to the clean side separator is too short to reach the suggested mounting points on the firewall or the air filter box. Anyone with a 2.7L have a similar issue? Okay 2nd problem the short sensor wire harness. So if the short hose happened to be long enough, it would still be stuck and unable to connect the sensor should the CSS can be mounted. I purchased this from Stage 3 Motorsports and will contact them about the hose issue. I know they are a reseller and they did not assemble the hose but this this is $500 and I want it to work as promised. That leaves me to tackle the sensor wire. Would love any help/ comments.

20180421_130358.jpg

20180421_124611.jpg

20180421_124317.jpg

·
Administrator
10,747 Posts
Here it is on my truck. Everything worked well mounted on the air box.

When I compare our pictures, it looks like you're just configuring things wrong.

The details are vague, but seems like I ran into issues on my install with the way it needs to go, being different from what is shown in the instructions. I confirmed this via email and watched several YouTube installs. This is the correct way and it has been working well with no cel.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm, the instructions definitely show the hose from the passenger side turbo having the sensor, not the one from the manifold. So you're saying UPR told you that the instructions were wrong and to hook it up as you have pictured? I actually had mine like yours but double checked and saw it was wrong according to install pamphlet that comes with it. That is good that you have had no codes. I guess I'll go back to how you had it. Thanks for the pics

UPR F150 Ecoboost Install Instructions with 2nd check valve.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, you think they would change that. Thanks again man for the help, much appreciated.:D

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Administrator
10,747 Posts
I sent upr an email. We aren't the first to stumble over this. Maybe they will revise the instructions.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fits much better this way.

2019.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts