F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
Those torque curves!

They actually don't curve. They're so........ intoxicating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Guys send me comments for next video thoughts and what you would like to see! We're headed back after we bolt on some turbos, we'll probably do my truck first since I dont daily drive it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now I’m super curious how much the 18 ho turbos can make, 650?

Where did you mount your meth tank? In the bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Was just talking to my brother and he mentioned this very thing. He may go back on as close to e85 as possible to see what difference it might make, we'll have to talk to Mike first to see if it's worth the trip though. We don't want to delay the new turbo installs too long of course!

I mounted a tank exactly where the factory front mount intercooler goes, since I have the front mount kit there is a huge empty space up front. From the tank to the pump is only a 12" hose, from the pump to the Sniper II is only an 18" or so line feed. I ran a larger hose to the top of the engine bay for filling as well. I'll snap some pics today or tomorrow for posting.

Where did you mount your meth tank? In the bed?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The fill hose is what I’m trying to figure out. I too wanted to mount in front, filling it was only solution I needed to figure out.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Wicked numbers! Very exciting stuff!

For the dyno sheets, are they SAE corrected? Just curios as the longer pulls on Mustang Dyno's usually net a lower number vs something like a DynoJet or Dynocom.

I can't wait for the next installment!

·
Vendor
7,254 Posts
So basically Same size/smaller than 2018+ HO oem turbo compressor wheel which is 40.75/53.4 and the oem turbos cost 1110.92 on Tasca and the precision’s are 5699.99 with core. I know size of wheel isnt everything but there is no way the precision’s will be a 4589.07 dollar improvement over the oem 2018 HO turbos, if they are even better at all.

How much do you pay on Tasca for both?

·
Registered
146 Posts
How much do you pay on Tasca for both?
They are 555.46 each for the 2018 HO turbos pn JL7Z-6K682-A/JL7Z-6K682-B. However I was mistaken, there is a 250 dollar core charge. So if you wanted to keep your stock turbos price is 1610.92 plus shipping, 1110.92 if you send your turbos back. With us just seeing the standard 2018 making 600 whp these HO should be 650+ and they are ~1/3 the price of precision’s. I was really hoping for more from precision and full race, especially since it took over 2 years to be avail. Hell full race could have just ordered oem turbos and slap their name on them and sold them for 2200 like they did in past and sold a ton.

·
Vendor
7,254 Posts
They are 555.46 each for the 2018 HO turbos pn JL7Z-6K682-A/JL7Z-6K682-B. However I was mistaken, there is a 250 dollar core charge. So if you wanted to keep your stock turbos price is 1610.92 plus shipping, 1110.92 if you send your turbos back. With us just seeing the standard 2018 making 600 whp these HO should be 650+ and they are ~1/3 the price of precision’s. I was really hoping for more from precision and full race, especially since it took over 2 years to be avail. Hell full race could have just ordered oem turbos and slap their name on them and sold them for 2200 like they did in past and sold a ton.

With complete fairness to full race they are a precision dealer so I have a feeling their obligation to carry the turbos was a contractual one. I do not believe and almost sure if it that they did not have anything to do with the development of the turbos. Just one of precision turbos offering they sell as a class act of a distributor

·
Registered
146 Posts
With complete fairness to full race they are a precision dealer so I have a feeling their obligation to carry the turbos was a contractual one. I do not believe and almost sure if it that they did not have anything to do with the development of the turbos. Just one of precision turbos offering they sell as a class act of a distributor

I’m hoping that’s all it is, something they are bound to carry. I would have just thought at some people ppl at full race would have been like “you want to charge how much??!!!” I’m still just hoping there is more to those turbos aside from the small increase in compressor wheel. It’s just that others are offering 43-46mm compressor wheels and some have modifications to turbine side. Even just clipping the wheel are something to maybe help with exhaust flow would have been nice to see, especially at the price.

·
Vendor
7,254 Posts
I’m hoping that’s all it is, something they are bound to carry. I would have just thought at some people ppl at full race would have been like “you want to charge how much??!!!” I’m still just hoping there is more to those turbos aside from the small increase in compressor wheel. It’s just that others are offering 43-46mm compressor wheels and some have modifications to turbine side. Even just clipping the wheel are something to maybe help with exhaust flow would have been nice to see, especially at the price.

Pricey, agree!! Time will tell I’ll be watching with you. I’m proud to work with full race a lot and I will say integrity is something not lacking. Sounds like you know how this goes, so let’s hope we see the g25-550’s or 660’s with a .49 AR type deal. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just want to see this platform continue to grow and progress. The more ppl putting larger turbos will mean more built motors and more people making products and things getting more affordable for everyone.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I will be following this thread. It looks like you're here to push it so I want to see the limits.

This is not a bash comment, but I do not see meth as street vehicle tune. A lot of people get pissy with that comment but at the end of it, you are relying on that to allow for the spark and it is helping cool too. It would obviously not make near the power without it.

Did you do any dyno runs on each mods to see if it helped at all or did you throw all these parts on at once? I will be upgrading turbos running completely stock exhaust, intake etc here soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We're expecting the last couple small pieces in a few days. I would think in a couple weeks we'll tear down mine for turbos first. My best friend will be taking some legit pro photos along the way, so I'll be sure to post some cool pics as it happens!

The fill hose is what I’m trying to figure out. I too wanted to mount in front, filling it was only solution I needed to figure out.

I'll get some of these for you later today

Wicked numbers! Very exciting stuff!

For the dyno sheets, are they SAE corrected? Just curios as the longer pulls on Mustang Dyno's usually net a lower number vs something like a DynoJet or Dynocom.

I can't wait for the next installment!
From what I was told, I believe the dyno was corrected to act more as a Dynojet for this reason. This Dyno's air movement setup is probably near the best in the country, which is primarily why we decided to use it. They have everything from Tesla's doing battery failure testing to 1,000WHP McLarens being tuned.

I will be following this thread. It looks like you're here to push it so I want to see the limits.

This is not a bash comment, but I do not see meth as street vehicle tune. A lot of people get pissy with that comment but at the end of it, you are relying on that to allow for the spark and it is helping cool too. It would obviously not make near the power without it.

Did you do any dyno runs on each mods to see if it helped at all or did you throw all these parts on at once? I will be upgrading turbos running completely stock exhaust, intake etc here soon.
All good. I don't daily drive my truck like my brother does, so it's not too much of a concern for me. I just wanted to run 91 octane and not have to worry about finding an E85 station when I needed to fill up. I can drive thousands, literally thousands, of miles on 1 water/meth fill if I needed to. It definitely would NOT make anywhere near this much power without, if I didn't spray it I would just fill it with E85 and call it a day :)

I think both of our trucks might have made it to 3k miles before we tore it all apart and put these mods on, so this was the first time we were able to hit the dyno. We just wanted to help Full Race by getting them some full bolt on modified numbers before changing to these larger turbos. Dyno time definitely isn't cheap, and it takes a lot of effort to coordinate 4 peoples schedules to make it happen for both trucks!

As for testing the limits, I don't want to blow up my truck, but it's definitely a possibility and a thought in the back of my head! The good news is, the wife is fine with it, as long as she gets what she wants when her lease is up lol

·
Premium Member
5,944 Posts
Can I just say my favorite things about this thread so far?

First, "brothers"

I'm enjoying what appears to be a couple of good guys sharing some flat out fun and sibling rivalry of the BEST kind

Second, really nice F150's. Lol It's a hoot watching Yaw pour meth and High Octane down the throats of trucks that would be right at home being valet parked at The Ritz!

And thirdly, not even a hint of slight of hand. Love the transparency. And in my opinion, your whole "team" are guys that openly welcome it.

Here's to NOT breaking a bunch of stuff just because you ARE willing to. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I’m proud to work with full race a lot and I will say integrity is something not lacking. Sounds like you know how this goes, so let’s hope we see the g25-550’s or 660’s with a .49 AR type deal. I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
thanks ryan, its a pleasure to work with you on this platform. Things are said on the internet, but the reality is Full Race works with a lot of different shops and race teams. Ryan is pushing the limits of the platform more than anybody else. He's doing quality work and getting next level parts made that legacy shops can not come close to

full race could have just ordered oem turbos and slap their name on them and sold them for 2200 like they did in past and sold a ton.
I think you are confused, that never happened.

What did happen, is in 2014 BorgWarner began custom building Full Race gen 1 upgrade turbos for the 11-12 and 13-16 3.5L F150. We used what was determined to be the optimal configuration for a simple bolt on upgrade which would max the stock engine safely. Ford later decided to use those same rotors along with gen 2 bearing housings and gen2 electronic WG housings in the 2017 raptor. These are not the same turbo, and you can not buy this gen 1 upgrade turbo from a ford parts dealer unless its through ford racing (which began in 2017). It is a low-to-medium volume custom made turbocharger in the USA lab at borgwarner's Asheville, NC plant. Compare this to the Ramos, Mexico plant where all OEM F150 turbos are produced...

just seeing the standard 2018 making 600 whp these HO should be 650+
With all due respect, I think we are not fully on the same page here - to be clear a 2018 Platinum and 2018 limited already gets the HO engine and turbos. Internally they are designated KOCG and highly unlikely to touch anywhere near 650. I believe the dyno charts posted here seem a bit generous but they have serious igntion timing and fueling to allow for that

I just want to see this platform continue to grow and progress. The more ppl putting larger turbos will mean more built motors and more people making products and things getting more affordable for everyone.
we agree. there are numerous projects we work on behind the scenes. We don't post up things in development because often times they dont work, or they are impossible to produce. Some will make it to production, some will not. regardless the F150 3.5L platform remains our #1 focus and that will not change any time soon

·
Registered
255 Posts
Can I just say my favorite things about this thread so far?
First, "brothers"
I'm enjoying what appears to be a couple of good guys sharing some flat out fun and sibling rivalry of the BEST kind
Second, really nice F150's. Lol It's a hoot watching Yaw pour meth and High Octane down the throats of trucks that would be right at home being valet parked at The Ritz!
And thirdly, not even a hint of slight of hand. Love the transparency. And in my opinion, your whole "team" are guys that openly welcome it.
+1 @snakebitten !

·
Registered
255 Posts
We're expecting the last couple small pieces in a few days. I would think in a couple weeks we'll tear down mine for turbos first. My best friend will be taking some legit pro photos along the way, so I'll be sure to post some cool pics as it happens!
shoot me an email when you are getting ready to do the turbo install. I want to help you calibrate the wastegate on the bench before the install - will also be a great opportunity to make a short video and photos so others can see how easy it is to do

21 - 40 of 101 Posts